*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Hey thanks a lot for stealing my rank! lol you know what this means, right? Just wait till I get the Arctic Colling Freezer 7 Pro from krazyq...

It's either that or suicide run pt 2 for me. Freezing cold garage, here I come...

No problem :D
I'm not done either. I'm determined to hit 3.6GHz even though it seems to be a pretty tough wall to get through. Maybe I can tweak my 8800GT a little more too for a higher score. :)

Well I'll tell you what. My GTX is not going any further. Just for the **** of it, I pushed it to 663/1062 and it couldn't pass 3DMark06...

Then I tried every possible thing I could think of to optimize my RAM timings... I really wanted to get them to 4-4-4-12 but no matter what I did the system just could not boot at the current frequency they're at...

I seem to have hit a wall with my system. It's looking like the only way I can improve performance at this point, is to focus on my proc. This stock cooler is KILLING me.

Good luck getting to 3.6. What is it that makes 3.6 so difficult? A lot of people seem to have trouble reaching that...

Hey Nosboost, f you did decide to cool SLI gtx's and a Q6600 I would also advise a dual loop system. Because those video cards are going to dump A LOT of heat. a couple thermochill 120.3's and 2 ddc-2's would do the job. :D

no need for dual loop really. As long as the 2 gpus are after the CPU and sufficient radiator(s) are used it's all fine.

no need for dual loop really. As long as the 2 gpus are after the CPU and sufficient radiator(s) are used it's all fine.

so i'd be looking to spend:

-roughly 150 for gpu waterblocks (about 65-70 each and throw in shipping and tax for the rest of that 150)

-another 50-60 for the cpu waterblock

-about 130 for the rad

-60 on 3 high quality fans for the rad

-then i got pump and res.... and tubing... and a northbridge block... jeebus..

someone show me some good watercooling part links for Cpu, northbridge, and 2 gpu's

Well I'll tell you what. My GTX is not going any further. Just for the **** of it, I pushed it to 663/1062 and it couldn't pass 3DMark06...

Then I tried every possible thing I could think of to optimize my RAM timings... I really wanted to get them to 4-4-4-12 but no matter what I did the system just could not boot at the current frequency they're at...

I seem to have hit a wall with my system. It's looking like the only way I can improve performance at this point, is to focus on my proc. This stock cooler is KILLING me.

Good luck getting to 3.6. What is it that makes 3.6 so difficult? A lot of people seem to have trouble reaching that...

I'm not sure. I have a stable 3.4GHz with a 1.37500v and I just can't seem to get 3.6GHz to be stable. I mean, the computer doesn't crash but 3DMark06 does. I've gone as high as 1.46125v and it still will crash. I'm just hesitant to go much further. Although with the at voltage my CPU temps never broke 52 Celsius.

Well I'm about to take this pc into the garage where it's cold to try to push 3.4 or higher myself. Get ready to kiss your rank goodbye lol :)

I wish I could help you out more but I'm no expert when it comes to voltages and whatnot, this is my first pc build.

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?! I just ran the test at 3.46 GHz and my score was 14,193?!?!? What's going on here? I'm gonna retest. I'll post back as soon as I can.

Alright the results are in. 14,472 at 3.465 GHz. turns out I had a few apps going in the background. mnelson07, that GT of yours must really be a monster lol.

Temps are awesome, I've got a huge fan blowing cold air from outside into the side of the case. At load, it didn't even touch 50* C! On a stock cooler at 3.465 GHz!!! Here's the orb link: Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

Don't bother posting it though because I plan to keep on climbing!

Back
Top Bottom