Laptop to Laptop Data Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jch2273

Solid State Member
I had a Sony Vaio that crapped out on me, and needless to say I did not have a back up of any of my files. It has a removable harddrive. I bought a new Dell Inspiron (runs window xp just like the Sony). Is there some way to get the data off of the old harddrive so that I can put it on my new Laptop. I'm not totally stupid about computers, but Know just enough about stuff to get me in trouble. Is there some type of IDE cable I could buy. Please help, my old tax returns and pictures are on that old harddrive.

I'm Sorry I don't follow the advice. I have taken the harddrive out (it just slip right out of the side of the old laptop) It has a 47-pin male connection. It has IBM travelstar writteb on the top of the drive. Please can you elaborate on the instructions and what I need to buy cable wise if any. Thanks

Thank you so much. I just looked at what you recommended and that is exactly what I need. I have found one that I can order. I just knew I would find someone here to help me. Thank you again!!!! This place is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom