My comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Hey I was just wondering how will processor handle the latest games should I need to worry about upgrading it or am I ok for awhile still and also has anyone heard when the G92 are being released

If your talking about you're core 2 duo, you really shouldn't have a problem seeing as how you have it pared to an Nvidia 8800 which should be kicking for at least another 2 years depending on how much you love eye candy. If I was you I would wait ill about February or march depending on the Intel market, and jump on a Q6600 (because if they are in the 200+ range right now in Jan they could be in the 150 area), if you don't want to upgrade your mobo that is the best option. Because the new Intel processors I hear are not compatible with the 775 socket and therefore would be incompatible with your mobo.

(Almost forgot the Q6700 (I believe its called) could also be another option or one of the Extreme Quad Core 2 Duos could probably another option in about 4-6 months, if you could find one by then)

The G92 is out (8800GT). I heard the G98 will be the next high end part but I don't know if its true or not.

There isn't much faster than the CPU you have so its not worth upgrading it.

Hey I was just wondering how will processor handle the latest games should I need to worry about upgrading it or am I ok for awhile still and also has anyone heard when the G92 are being released

I couldn't tell if you were being serious, or trying to show of your processor.

What you have is still top of the line until the 45nm stuff comes full swing.

no trust me I'm not showing off because it just seems like all this new technology is comming out all at once and it is so hard to keep up without going broke! I would by a 8800GT, but I mean the 9 series are just around the corner.

no trust me I'm not showing off because it just seems like all this new technology is comming out all at once and it is so hard to keep up without going broke! I would by a 8800GT, but I mean the 9 series are just around the corner.

I can tell you don't know very much at all and that computer was either pre-built or bought by someone else >.<

First off as stated the G92 cards have been out and second the 9 series is NOT right around the corner. Trust me you wont be seeing those for a while to come still. Your 8800GTS 320 may not be as fast as the G92 but its plenty fast enough to get some sweet gaming experience.

nVdia, you have a pretty good comp i wouldn't recommend much for now, maybe wait a few months and update your CPU, GPU and mobo at once. But dont complain.

If your talking about you're core 2 duo, you really shouldn't have a problem seeing as how you have it pared to an Nvidia 8800 which should be kicking for at least another 2 years depending on how much you love eye candy. If I was you I would wait ill about February or march depending on the Intel market, and jump on a Q6600 (because if they are in the 200+ range right now in Jan they could be in the 150 area), if you don't want to upgrade your mobo that is the best option. Because the new Intel processors I hear are not compatible with the 775 socket and therefore would be incompatible with your mobo.

(Almost forgot the Q6700 (I believe its called) could also be another option or one of the Extreme Quad Core 2 Duos could probably another option in about 4-6 months, if you could find one by then)

someone correct me if im wrong, but the new 45nm processors ARE compatible in 775 sockets with a p35/x38 chipset

Well no I built this computer I would never buy a pre-built one. Second I know the the G92 is out on the 8800GT, but what I meant was I heard on other forums that they are going to be released in early 08. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom