Help with RAM Timings Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I think I got it to work! 5-5-5-15 2t with 1050 MHz:
cpuz2.jpg

Thanks guys!

I will indeed. I'm literally 2 dollars away from having enough money to pay the shipping on an Arctic Colling Freezer 7 Pro which krazyq has generously offered to give me!

Congrats.

I just got my ballistix stable @ timings and speed in sig. Didn't notice a darned bit of difference in anything though...except some memory benchmarks.

Yeah nice timings for that. I was getting myself so frustrated. I really wanna keep the RAM above a gigahertz, but no matter what I did, it just wouldn't do it at anything lower than 5-5-5-15. I suppose I could try 5-5-5-14, 5-5-5-13 etc but after all the reboots I've been through, I think I'll take a break from it for now.

I literally tried everything, from x7 multipliers to over voltage to fsb tweaking etc etc etc and it just refused to boot no matter what I did. I'm tempted to buy 2gigs of DDR2 1066 but that would be a waste of money... I'll try 4-4-4-12 with a lower frequency tomorrow I guess...

I had it at +.1 volts, 1038 MHz, 4-4-4-12, 415 MHz fsb with x7 multi, ratio of 3.2:1 I think; wouldn't boot. Even tried +.2v, still no luck. I didn't want to risk going higher than that.

You realize Ballistix are meant to run @ 2.2v right? That's +.4v on the DS3 board.

You're undervolting your ram and they obviously have lots more room!

If you look closely, the 1066 rated ballistix are 5-5-5-15 where as the 800 rated ballistix are 4-4-4-12 rated and they charge you twice the price for the 1066 memory. Good job there crucial. Being stupid gets expensive :p Just ordered 3 sets of tracers 4-4-4-12 800 from buy.com yesterday to replace my ocz's in my gaming machine and xms2's in the htpc.

As far as chipsets go, i was able to run 4-4-4-12 1t on my p35 chipset, but couldnt boot unless i went to 2t when i changed to my 680i board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom