help on a build

Status
Not open for further replies.

florida402

Solid State Member
Ok I trying to update my older computer all I want to do is surf the net and do so word processing nothing fancy, so I bough this:

CASE ANTEC|WKSTN TOWER SX835II
MB SHUTTLE|AN35N-ULTRA RETAIL
DDRAM 512M|PC-3200 991093 MUSHKIN
CPU THERMAL PASTE OCZ ULTRA 5+

I already have this in the old system and will transfer them to the new system:

Video card (don’t know the brand)
Amd t-bird 1200 processor and heat sink and fan
cd-rw drive
floppy drive
dvd drive

I have install and check everything before turning on the new system. The first time I turn it on, I see that it said it is at safe mode and it said that I have to go into the bios and change the frequency of the processor and or change the frequency of the ram memory. Once I went into the bios and set the memory for (auto) detecting. I save and reboot. Once reboot, the monitor would not come on (dead), the fans are working but no picture. Turn every thing off and unplug the computer and felt the heat sink and it was quite warm so I took the heat sink off the processor and re-paste with new compound and put it back on the processor and restart the computer. It restart and again in safe mode and it wanted me to go to set up the bios. I control/alt/delete just to see if it would start up again and it didn’t. Dead, no picture.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

If the monitor is not the problem, then what else I can look at? Could it be the video card? Their is a fan on the video card but when the computer was on and the case still open, I look at the video card and the fan wasn't spinning should it spin, or would it only spin when it gets hot. Really frustrating please help.

the fan should be spinning. I wold definately bet it was the video card, see if you can find an aftermarket vga cooler

thanks, should i just get a another video card? What would u recomend on a card that is just for surfing the net and photoshop?

Why did you get 512 megs of PC 3200 RAM if you're not gonna game? The most your would need is PC 2700, and PC 2100 is just fine.

everytime you remove the CPU you have to go through bios to set it up.Can you boot into your operating system in safe mode and see your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom