Computer Problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Okay, for some reason when I start my computer/boot it up, it makes a wierd noise as if the fan is loosen or something. It seems like one of the fan in the case is loosen or spinning too fast. So I just reboot it again until it goes away.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? I'm not sure where exactly its coming from but i do know that its from the fan. Either the my cpu fan, back panel fans or the psu fan.

The sound is like the same sound as you would get on an engine when its rev'ed up. Like going 100mph on second gear on a non sports car.

Any ideas? Thanks..... need help hehe.

How long does it do that? Does it do it while your OS is running? Does it keep doing it without showing anything on the screen (during boot).

My GFX card's fan does this to me. Whenever I try to overclock my CPU (a bad overclock) my comp will 'hang' during boot with the fans at 100% for a few seconds. And as we all know a few seconds seems like minutes.

So if you have anything overclocked restore the original settings and try it like that.

My current rig is not overclocked. It boots okay and Im able to log in but then I just restart it because the noise keeps going. I never really kept it for over 1 minute with that sound ON cuz Im afraid what it might cause to my computer.

But it just stops after I restart it. It has happened three times now. Could it be that because my room gets too cold at times and maybe the fan is frozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom