Is an upgrade worth it, or should I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, huh.
nice. that was tricky there chief, with the edit. dont play me like a sucker. and dont come into our forum community and give crappy advice if you dont know what you are talking about. it will reflect on this whole forum, and we'd rather it didnt.
EDIT:
and as far as "decent" that mobo and cpu you listed is more like some of "the best".
the upgrade i listed would more qualify as "decent", it costs half as much.
and i just have to LOL at a 7600gs and a 6750. what a matchup!

uh, huh.
nice. that was tricky there chief, with the edit. dont play me like a sucker. and dont come into our forum community and give crappy advice if you dont know what you are talking about. it will reflect on this whole forum, and we'd rather it didnt.
EDIT:
and as far as "decent" that mobo and cpu you listed is more like some of "the best".
the upgrade i listed would more qualify as "decent".
and i just have to LOL at a 7600 gs and a 6750. what a matchup!

What on earth are you talking about. I'm just trying to help. I never claimed to be an amazing guru of knowledge. Simply suggesting something. Also I only edited one older post (I took out the first paragraph) so that anyone in a similar situation doesn't follow that advice.

Those are a little higher than decent maybe but if you're going to upgrade UPGRADE don't just get something a little better. Can't go around getting a new mobo every few months.

Besides you don't own the forums and I'm pretty sure the entire community didn't consult on that comment -_-.

Edit: Well I think I'm done here. I did what I can to help and I really couldn't care less about how you feel on the topic. I'm not posting here to mess with you or annoy you, I'm just trying to help.

In my opinion you should either spend the extra money or not. Either go with the best upgrade you can afford now for $100-150 or do a full upgrade for $450. I just don't agree that its a good idea to go through the effort of replacing a motherboard and processor just for a small performance boost. You end up spending more than you wanted and you don't get the performance you could've gotten.

Good luck jeller see you around.

dude. first of all, you had 7600gs, not gt. i wont swear to it, but in any event, either one of them definitely fall in the low end category. if you dont think that is so, i cant help you there, do a little more research than a newegg review.
second, you didnt have the motherboard and cpu listed in that post, you only had a graphics card that he cant even use in his current mobo. so yes, you edited it.
third, you dont even know what mobo he has, yet you suggest a budget graphics card and say that he should SLI it if he needs an upgrade. does his mobo support SLI? how would we know? are two 7600gs (or gt lol) worth it? NO. it will barely give him the framerates of a single 7900gs.
fourth, you suggested in one of the first posts that he put a c2d into an s939 mobo. now tell me how he would make that work.
fifth, you are suggesting a graphics card that sucks with an awesome cpu. when the better option would be either a) buy a lower cost cpu and a better card or b)buy a great cpu and hold off for an 8800gt or 3870. the performance matchup of that card cannot compare to the performance of the e6750. thats just retarded.
you're right, i dont own the forums, but i have been here for a time, and am respected for at least knowing what i am talking about, or if i dont, i dont talk about it or give advice. you can ask around about that one.
out of my 3000 posts, probably at least 1800 (maybe more lol hopefully) are USEFUL to someone. the other thousand are "lol" "lmao" "i cant believe it" "me too". so, i can tell you that the other respected members here dont like to have ridiculous advice given in their stead.

v_v. You're so quick to judge. I made the post. THEN I added a graphics card as an example of what kind of card he could get after an upgrade. Honestly I was just browsing around. I do it a lot.

Then after the edit I figured what the heck and I added a motherboard and a processor. The processor is a bit over the top perhaps but the motherboard isn't really excessive. I didn't do it to screw with you I just decided to add more information. I didn't even read anything after it when I made the edit.

I looked at the type of card he COULD currently use before and I agreed that it might be better to upgrade. BTW upgrade to me means the whole computer. If I only meant the graphics card I would've mentioned it. Sorry if there was any confusion I'm sure you give sound advice but you definitely are pessimistic.

Edit: On the "bad" graphics card. He didn't sound like a even remotely needed a 8xxx series card. I simply picked the cheapest one I could find that would suit his needs. It cut the cost by $100+ and I just didn't think he needed anything better than FEAR maxed out. The point of the high end mobo was so he could upgrade to better stuff if he wanted to. I figured the processor would last 1-3 years depending on what he wanted.

edit2: Also I didn't give advice in anyone's stead. This isn't a 1:1 thing. If someone else wanted to give advice they were free to. You should know as you did just that. I don't see a problem with it really.

edit3: I knew I forgot something. I promise it was always a gt card. Honestly I didn't check that it was anything other than a 7300+. I mostly looked at the price and reviews because I figured he would upgrade after about a year.

I don't want to get in the middle of this whole thing. But the 7600gt is not a good choice, I dont know about your financial situation. But the 7600gt which i have personally used since my bro has one on his pc, cannot run any current game on high. Not even my rig could do Crysis on 1024* anything on high. But in any case, the wise move would be to first upgrade your main components like your mobo, cpu, and graphics card. If you wait till January intel might have dropped its prices by that time, and you could find yourself with a Q6600 and if your ATI friendly a cheap 3850-70 depending on supply and demand. The whole setup would probably cost around 500-600 bucks but its really an estimated guess, and thats if the market is good. By no means upgrade your AGP card though, I did it and all I can say is that it doesn't really perform like the PCIEx16 counterpart, when you get an AGP version. All in all even though there are a lot of good deals out there right now, and people always say to wait, if you're willing to save up, a lot of companies like NVidia and Intel are going to be releasing new crap for 2008. And if they do you could find yourself buying the tech that seems juicy right now, for prices that are phenomenal.

(Ps come back when your done saving up and maybe by that time we will be recommending you the Phenom processor, please don't kill me)

LOL i love the phenom (almost heh), im not going to kill you.
OMG dude dakaggo im not judging YOU, im just saying that your advice is not the most reasonable. i am also saying that you have edited your posts numerous times, which you have to accomadate your arguments and make me look like a meanie. which i can be. in case you didnt notice (obviously you didnt), at the bottom of your posts it says what time you last edited it at. so, the last time you edited your post with the card and the *other things* cough that you had listed before i made my post about was after i told you that you were being tricky. mine at 1:16, yours at 1:22. which means you added the motherboard and cpu after i called you out on your post. check the times man, they dont lie. oh, snap..the power of computers.
how would a graphics card that he cant even use suit his needs? please explain the logic to me.
a sly fox you are, that edit button is easy to use.
for real, i am not even debating this any more.
OP if you want sound advice start another thread im done with this one.

For the last time I edit my posts ALL THE TIME. I edit them for content and for spelling and grammar but I've never done it to make someone else look bad. Honestly I don't see how you even do look bad. I don't appreciate you accusing me of something like that when I really really hate it when someone does that to me. I made an edit that was intended when I first posted it. You misread the post because you read it before I finished it. I probably should have just finished and I probably should have specified what I meant but in no way did it have anything at all to do with you in any personal way.

Stop being so pessimistic. Not everyone is out to get you. Just a miscommunication. It happens.

@wolfeyes
Really? Weird that someone would lie like that in a review though. Unless they didn't mention having it in SLI or something. What are the other parts of your bro's machine? Maybe something was holding it back? (processor?) Are you sure it has the same memory and speed and all that? Maybe the reviewer had it overclocked.

Not that I don't believe you but there are a lot of things that affect game settings other than the graphics card. I don't want to think badly about the card unless I'm sure.

0.o...
Thanks, lol.

Well, while we're on the topic of entirely new PCs... :D
Should I stick with AMD? Which processor brand works best with no overclocking? Or is overclocking so worth it that I should overclock anyway?

Thanks.

no. if you have the cash, upwards of 600-800 dollars you should spend it on an intel system.
if you dont have that much, AMD can be your best bet. although, intel makes some pretty good budget cpus. i wpuldn't buy one if it wasnt a core 2 duo or a q6600 quad though (ie not an allendale, although that is really only my personal preferrence).
if you cant affors that, i would suggest buying an AMD.

People either lie or dont know what they are talking about in Newegg reviews all the time. An example is this review for an Intel Celeron D 315
Pros: Simply an incredible chip. Upgraded from a Core2 Quad Q6600. I can run all of my games on high including FEAR, Half Life 2, and BF2 no problem.

Cons: Why did Intel stop supporting this socket? its so much better than 775 in so many ways.

Other Thoughts: Grab these chips while you can! You wont be disappointed.

Customer Reviews Of Intel Celeron D 315 Prescott 2.26GHz 256KB L2 Cache Socket 478 Processor - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom