RAM.
As I am new to this I wonder if I made a good choice and
what video card I should purchase.

Tks

RobertXYZ

thats a top o the line cpu for sure.
8800gt for the video.
have you bought that stuff yet?
if not, consider the x2 5000 black edition if you plan on overclocking.
if you are not going to overclock, you have the best AMD chip.

thats a top o the line cpu for sure.
8800gt for the video.
have you bought that stuff yet?
if not, consider the x2 5000 black edition if you plan on overclocking.
if you are not going to overclock, you have the best AMD chip.

Thanks
Although I do not plan ( yet ) to overclock it would
be a nice option to have.

if you think so, get the 5000 black edition. it has an unlocked cpu multiplier, which will (should) make it easier to overclock, with minimal voltage increases.
its also 50.00 cheaper and will probably overclock just the same as the 6400. the 5000 is a brisbane, so it should run a bit cooler as well.

Black Editions are useless, comes with no cooler, just get a 6000+ for the most out of your money.

^^??^^ thats brilliant. even if you buy a good aftermarket hsf, its STILL cheaper.
lol a 5000 (it has an unlocked multi unlike the 6400 BE) will easily clock just as high as a 6000 for less money. probably higher, and with less voltage.
useless? i think not.

If you're willing to oc then year i recommend that 5000 black edition. I also want to ask if you don't mind; are you going Amd because you're stretched for cash, or because your an Amd fan. Because if you're willing, and I cant believe I'm saying this, you could get the new Phenom 9500. Although take into consideration it's a 110 dollar difference, and you would also be sort of a guinea pig, but meh its a quad core.

I would get a newer motherboard such as the Gigabyte DS5/DQ6 or Asus M3A series to support new power features and HT3 in the future (much better chipset)

I would also pick up a 5000+, you can easily OC it over 3Ghz.

I would get a newer motherboard such as the Gigabyte DS5/DQ6 or Asus M3A series to support new power features and HT3 in the future (much better chipset)

I would also pick up a 5000+, you can easily OC it over 3Ghz.

Thanks for the hint.What motherboard would you
recommend in that so called Asus M3A series.By the way
I went to the Asus web pageand could not find a M/b
M3A.Why ?

RobertXYZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom