new OS or just use the same old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you want to play games, obviously Linux is out of the question. Windows XP or Vista is what you want. If you've already stated you don't want Vista, then that leaves you with your only option: Windows XP. I'd get the 32-bit edition. If you want 64-bit, just go with Vista.

That motherboard supports SATA3.0, so any SATA3.0 drive would be fine.

I'd get a Seagate 7200.10 or 7200.11 drive. Almost any of them will be fine. The 7200.11 are a little better because of the 32MB cache, but a 16MB wouldn't be bad either.

In this case how about this. Stop using it before you think it is ready? I mean if you go out and buy it before you think that M$ has done a good job and getting it ready for use then you are the one to blame. Why complain about something that you have all the control over? That is what i dont get. You DONT HAVE to buy it. You DONT HAVE to use it. Yet people get it and then complain about it. Well DUH. Dont buy it then you wont have to complain about it. Its that simple really.

I got it. I had a few small complaint but i directed them toward M$ in emails to their support people. Now look most of the stuff i complained about is being addressed in SP1. Why come to a site like this where people are trying to help you and complain. Direct it at M$. Only then can it get fixed.

Linux is kinda hard to use at first. But Ubuntu was really easy to use. Within a hour i had everything installed and working. With the help of their wiki it made life really easy. Plus it is a good free replacement for Windows. The only reason why i said buy a new one is because he will get a hard drive to replace the one he is taking no? If not well then dont worry about it. But if yes then will have to. ;)
Well I think I can come to this site or any other site and complain if I want.
You made the statement about why do people complain about windows Vista. Well I was replying to your statement. If that is too much for you to handle maybe you should not make open statements. I'm sorry if this offends you but last time I looked were still in a free country.
OH and who said anything about buying.....

Realy who said anything about the people all living in the USA?? I thought this was the World Wide Web. Not the USA wEB? Which in turn also states that those countries are not as free as we are.

But you can make a statement about Vista and so can i. You can complain about it. I can caomplain about how idiotic it is to complain aobut it. See noce complete circle. So you can complain all you want. I will just make it look even more dumb when i show how pointless nad utterly useless it is to complain.

Well you can pirate it all you want. Just dont get SP1. It patches all teh current cracks out there. I know i have tested them all...:p

plz don't fight >.<!!!! okay well thanks i guess if i stumble on any more q's i'll b back!!!

EDIT: whats a cache?

okay this was fast, i figured out cache (wikipedia owns)
noww any links on the OS? whts the dif between 32bit and 64bit? idono wht tht means or wht differs on them?

okay this was fast, i figured out cache (wikipedia owns)
noww any links on the OS? whts the dif between 32bit and 64bit? idono wht tht means or wht differs on them?

What kind of links are you looking for??

The difference between 32 Bit and 64 Bit is 32 Bits?!? 32 Bit can only run #2 bit and 16 Bit applicaitons while 64 Bt can run only 64 Bit and 32 Bit applicaitons.

Drivers are 64 bit specific. Some applicaitons are 64 Bit specific.

32-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For 64 Bit you have to have a 64 Bit enabled CPU. So if you dont dont even bother looking for that.

The difference between 32 Bit and 64 Bit is 32 Bits?!? 32 Bit can only run #2 bit and 16 Bit applicaitons while 64 Bt can run only 64 Bit and 32 Bit applicaitons.

Are you sure 64-bit can't run 16-bit applications?

Because many games use SecuROM protection, which used to (and I think still does) rely on 16-bit applications for its copyright protection.

so your saying depending on wht OS i get now, i can't run my games liek halo or CS? i'm guessing those r 32 bit and yea...all i really see is that they are 2 diff OS that only let you do certein things...

i really need a noob lingo explanation...

Games are designed for Windows only. Therefore, Linux will not run commercial games, such as Halo.

Whether you choose Windows XP or Windows Vista, games will run fine since they're both Windows, and both base their graphics off of Direct X. Whether you choose 64-bit or 32-bit, the games should still run fine.

The only problem you'll have with games is if you choose a non-Windows operating system, like Linux.

okay awsome! so whats the REAl diff to someone like me besides price between 64 and 32 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom