AMD+ATI Nvidia+Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldnt happen. nvidia are leading the graphics market on their own, they dont need Intel or AMD. Ati is in second, thats why they paired with AMD.

It wouldnt happen. nvidia are leading the graphics market on their own, they dont need Intel or AMD. Ati is in second, thats why they paired with AMD.
No, ATI didn't pair with AMD because they're second. ATI paired with AMD because ATI thought it could benifit from AMD's resources (and fabs, etc), and AMD thought it could benifit from ATI's technology (especially things like chipsets, onboard graphics)

So far, despite the amount of time it's taken for the merge, they have seen advantages. AMD has its RD790 (aka 790FX) chipset, they're releasing new graphics cards, and they have a solid platform for notebooks.

Phenom was going to happen with or without ATI, but they have a better platform for it now.

For the first time in a long time, AMD is actually guaranteed good chipsets.

No, ATI didn't pair with AMD because they're second. ATI paired with AMD because ATI thought it could benifit from AMD's resources (and fabs, etc), and AMD thought it could benifit from ATI's technology (especially things like chipsets, onboard graphics)

So far, despite the amount of time it's taken for the merge, they have seen advantages. AMD has its RD790 (aka 790FX) chipset, they're releasing new graphics cards, and they have a solid platform for notebooks.

Phenom was going to happen with or without ATI, but they have a better platform for it now.

For the first time in a long time, AMD is actually guaranteed good chipsets.

Thats basically the same thing :p ATI and AMD could have more of the market share than they hold, so they joined to share resources, have stronger products, become a stronger company and maybe reach that dream position of leading the market as Intel and nVida are.

Thats basically the same thing :p ATI and AMD could have more of the market share than they hold, so they joined to share resources, have stronger products, become a stronger company and maybe reach that dream position of leading the market as Intel and nVida are.

Same thing for Nvidia though, they should pair with Intel to utilize Intels chipsets and the sli problems would be gone since Nvidia wont sell the SLI license to Intel.

nvidia only draw back right now is there the only ones producing chips for sli, which i think is a bad idea, let intel produce sli chipsets, and where all set, for now il setle with ati, but hopefully one day il go back to nvidia.

I like AMD. But I'm not going to dance around the subject Intel can take the desktop processor market hostage right now if it wanted too. I dont know why the haven't, probably bad P.R or something.

I like AMD. But I'm not going to dance around the subject Intel can take the desktop processor market hostage right now if it wanted too. I dont know why the haven't, probably bad P.R or something.
Monopoly behavior is illegal

AMD's already made lawsuits against Intel for anti-competitive behavior.
Such as paying Dell not to use AMD processors.
This was when the K8 processors were clearly better than the Netburst (Pentium 4) processors they kept slamming advertisements about

That's one reason I stick with AMD. I don't like Intel's business ethics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom