Got my new (old) cpu! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Just got an e6600 to replace my e6400.

Dropped it straight in, cranked vcore to 1.55....fsb to 451....

Passed 2 minutes of orthos....and now I'm using SMP folding to test stability (just for you Ste :p)

Load temps are 46c under water folding.....56c dual orthos stress. I'm going to hope for 3.8-4.0ghz out of this chip...I'm comfortable running 1.575vcore 24/7 max load so hopefully I can get some high numbers :D

e66001strunqk6.jpg

...turns out 3.6 is my max unless I want to really crank the voltage up (did 4.14ghz @ 1.7v), but obviously that's more than I want to run 24/7.

So I tweaked my memory a bit and now it's stable at 3.6ghz 1.55v....memory 1005mhz 2.15v 4,4,4,10

Also the thermalpaste seems to have set in and SMP folding temps are about 41-42c...this chip runs very cool, I might lap it anyway though as it seems to increase the resale value.

Heres a new superpi run....also I don't know if it's just me but I swear UT3 seems to run a tad smoother when there are 15-20 people on the screen

e66001strunsv0.jpg

what would you study in the UK? how to dodge american cannonballs?

lol just kidding my redcoat brethren from across the pond.

Motorsport Engineering. I don't know of any universities in America that offer this degree, not to mention my school is one of the best if not the best school in Europe for motorsports....I think there might be one in Detroit....

...but that's in Detroit...eww.

Oxford or Detroit, Michigan....hmmmmm hard choice.

cool, I will have my custom loop up and running by next week I hope.

Keep us updated, once you go water, you'll never go back. Fooling with different setups is a hobby in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom