Western Digital 500gb vs 750gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Hey guys I've been looking for a 500gb hdd for a while now and Newegg has Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM but they also have the 750gb Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM.

So I was wondering if I theres any difference besides size. I don't really need 750gb now but I may later and if its a faster, quieter drive then maybe I'll just get the 750gb. So are there any advantages with the 750gb?

The SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB will beat the SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB by quite a bit. Check out the storage bench marks over at Tom's Hardware.

I just picked Average Read Transfer Performance at random, and the 750 scored a 74.8, while the 500 only got a 58.0.

You can look at the other storage benchmarks, but I think the 750 will be on top in most, if not all of them.

Yeah, Seagate has a 7200.11 500GB drive that sounds like it would be good for you...

... or good for anyone.

Wow I didn't know they made 32mb cache now. Do you guys think the price is worth it? I originally had a tight budget but figured hdd is something that I keep for a long time (unless it breaks), so I could spend a bit more.

Oh I forgot to tell you guys, Newegg has 20% off those WD hdds when using PayPal so actually that Seagate drive would be $46 more, actually the 750gb WD would be $6 less. So do you still think I should get the seagate since its a good bit more?

up to you. I'd still go with seagate myself but my opinions a bit biased. i've always used seagate drives and never had problems. So I dont have any experience with WD drives. I say its worth the cash but take my opinion with a grain of salt ^^

ah cool there you go ^^ didnt say it wasnt there, just couldnt find it. sicker than all heck maybe I just can't read right lol ah 6$ cheaper too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom