Nerd-bracelets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkwürdigliebe;1242161 said:
I just wouldn't worry about it, but practice some pretty habitual things in order to keep you hardware safe to some degree, I think electrical surges are of graver concern really. During thunder storms I unplug my comp, I don't even trust the surge protector.

Y'know.. im wondering whether there is even a possibility that a lightning strike could destroy your computer. It would have to hit the power lines, then that surge of power would have to go to your house and the up to your computer.

Surely between that distance that are multiple things that the electricty has to pass through that are designed to limit the electricty.

Y'know.. im wondering whether there is even a possibility that a lightning strike could destroy your computer. It would have to hit the power lines, then that surge of power would have to go to your house and the up to your computer.

Surely between that distance that are multiple things that the electricty has to pass through that are designed to limit the electricty.

Um.....lightning is more volts than humans can even produce, it kills people...and if it does that; I think it can destroy a computer even with surge protectors.:laughing: A surge destoryed the fan in my room, I cant dim the lights anymore so they are always bright now.

XD Powersurge fried my motherboard completely about 1 month ago. took futureshop 2 weeks to replace it. such a pain. Gonna grab me a UPS because unplugging my PC in a thunderstorm... no thanks XD what the heck else to I have to do during thunderstorm.

lol i have built all my computers on the floor, on the carpet, wearing socks, drinking beer.
they all work. i just added the beer part in. beer doesnt cause static build-up.

well my pc been sitting on the carpet while runnign for the last year or so. lol. ill keep my new build on a piece of plywood or something. rooms a bit small to have computer desk.

lol i have built all my computers on the floor, on the carpet, wearing socks, drinking beer.
they all work. i just added the beer part in. beer doesnt cause static build-up.

same here. Although recently I bought a toolkit and it came with a "nerd bracelet" so I wear it now and then to be safe. Although I do forget to wear it sometimes. I doubt that anything can happen to you're pc, unless you do something dumb like touch your processor while your rubbing your feet with socks on, on a carpet. You know things of that nature :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom