Can install 98 but not XP and 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey killians45, i was in the process of disabling all of that when it shutdown because of overheating...so im just going to pick up a stick of ram tomorrow and check that out...im running like 77c in bios...which is even worse then i was running from the first time i had the problems months ago...ill let u know what happens.

scott

ok i fixed the temp problem, im running at about 37c now.

but im still having the error doing boot up of 2000 it says.

stop: 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0cbffckd7, 0x00000000)
address bffc1cd7 datestump 382a167c - acpi.sys

if this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you haev adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. disable bios memory options such as a caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable compnents, restart computer, press f8 to select adavanced startup options, and then select safe mode, refer to your getting started manual for more information on troubleshooting stop errors.

im running memtest and it looks like i have a ton of errors. ive been running it for an hour an 30 mins and the errors are up to over 2mill and it looks like it's repearting some of the tests...so im a little confused about the ram. and if it could cause this problem

scott

i updated bios, it looks like it is a ram problem, i failed 5 out of the 10 tests on memtest...time for a new stick

scott

hey everyone i just wanted to thank everyone for your help, im back up and running.

I think the problem boils down to a power surge...that's what makes the most sense....i lost my chip, ram, and a HD...that is the most logical reason for it....i bought some new ram duel sticks of mushkin 256, 2700...and that fixed the problem... still running a little warm around mid 40's and a little hotter, i think i need to get a better heat sink and fan like some mentioned. so im going to get a nice UPS so i dont have to deal with this again. thanks for all your help. :)

One last question: do i have to do anything special to make the 256 chips to run duel...im not really clear on it..

thanks

scott

Can someone tell me where and how to check what temp my computer is running at....... I keep reading about people saying that there computer is running at 40 or 60 and I have no idea where to look or how to find it.

Toshiba laptop
3.06ghz
512 ram
60gig HD
533 FBS
Windows xp Home

hi flgirl,

to check your temps, go into bios it might be F8 for your computer that's what mine is, but once in bios there should be something called PC health slect that and their should be another thing called tempatures and you can go in there and it will tell you what your tempatures are running. also some mother boards have software that u can install and it will tell you your temp in windows.

hope that helps.

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom