Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
*translated from google*

Translated version of http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=622354

3dmark_cpu.png

cinebench.png

winrar.png

i........am quite impressed that the tri-core did well over dual-core, just not as well as the Q6600. Plus, these r early benchmarks so final scores when the products actually release could change.

what do u guys think?

The tri core does about what i would have expected it to. The tri core is just AMD's way of increasing yields. Basically they make a ton of quad cores, the quads that work 100% get sold as x4, if only 3 cores yield, its an x3, and if only 2 cores yield its an x2. The rest go in the dumpster :p

I think Intel's 45nm stuff will slaughter the phenoms.

probably most likely, if the errata bug still exists. That is the only thing that is choking the Phenoms, which is y im gonna get the 5000+ brisbane black edition instead for Christmas n upgrade to a high-end Phenom later when they release.

if the errata bug is fixed, we could, maybe maybe not, see a dramatic increase in performance in the Phenoms with rebenchmarks in the not so distant future.

probably most likely, if the errata bug still exists. That is the only thing that is choking the Phenoms, which is y im gonna get the 5000+ brisbane black edition instead for Christmas n upgrade to a high-end Phenom later when they release.

if the errata bug is fixed, we could, maybe maybe not, see a dramatic increase in performance in the Phenoms with rebenchmarks in the not so distant future.
i highly doubt that is what's keeping it from keeping up with the core2quad and penryns, there are many other reasons
penryns will tower over them
PENRYN Phenom

^^lol^^
good one.
yeah the TLB is definitely not the only problem. they are having yield issues as well, just to name one. they are having latency problems with the L3 cache. there are several things choking the phenom. mostly a lack of concentrated R&D. disappointing.
yeah but the fellas at AMD say that the x3 is to fill a niche, not to get rid of quad cores that weren't up to snuff.
of course...they also said that the phenom would murder the current intel quads. ahem. wrong. keep in mind kiddies that this is probably a STOCK benchmark. as we all know the kentsfield is a much better overclocker. those results would be brutal indeed.

bit OT but whats this "Errata" bug i keep hearing about.. is it like cutting speeds??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom