installed games can't see cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve max

Baseband Member
Just upgraded my mb with a gigabyte ga7n400el nforce2 and a ati gigabyte 9600 pro vid card, xp installation went fine and up and running but when I install some games, battlefield 1942 and raven shield, after installation when you put the disc in to play, hit play game it says that it can't find the disc , I installed medal of honor and it is running fine,as is combat flight simulator, anyone have any Ideas why it can't find the cd....thanks for any help

probably that new crap copy protection (cant remember what its called). Anyhow, things like Nero, CloneCD, etc are seen as Virtual Drives and it causes problems. I had this same issue with Pain Killer and the only way around it that was easy was to download a no cd crack. Not endorsing pirating, but its just sad when you buy the game and then have to crack you own game to play it. I can understand WHY they do it, but doing it at this much of a expense cant be economically good. Alot of people are getting tired of it.

I've tried I think everything...gettin kinda frustrated. Installed, uninstalled, installed on c drive and then tried on my slave drive, does'nt make sense that two of the games work fine and the other does not. have rebooted more time than you can shake a stick , anymore ideas.. thanks in advance

well after beating my computer with a very large stick. lol . I think I found the problem. I was getting a error on bootup(markfun-load-nt-driver) which turned out to be a problem with gigabytes overclocking utility "easy tune" so I uninstalled it and uninstalled the games and then installed the game and pow, finally they work. These friggin things are great when they work but a royal pain in the ass when they don't....thanks guys

I had the same problem with pain killer when I got it and what it turned out to be is that there was some conflist with clonecd which I ended up having to uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom