IE vs. Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use IE as well, with the IE7Pro add-on. Haven't had any problems other than a few crashes.

I always trusted Firefox but some website are still not supported by this giant..:rolleyes:
Its nto that. It is because of the coding that Opera uses that make the browser not supported. Opera is the only browser on the market right now that passes teh Acid2 test. It is the only browser that is trying to conform to some kind of web standards. While most sites are coded to follow IE stanrdards cause they are less than satisfactory but since most of the ppeople of the world use Windows and IE is the major browser they have to code for it.

Firefox 3 is supposed to be the 2nd browser that passes the Acid2 test for Windows. I know Safari does as well for OS X not sure if it does for Windows. Just checked it does. So Firefox would be the 3rd browser then.

IE8 is supposed to get away from these bad coding habits and start to try and conform to some of the web stnadards that are starting to form. IE8 will comply with almsot all CSS standards. Which is a big + to this point. but they still hav e a long way to go.

Firefox on the other hand is close to IE coding wise that is why most sites work there as well. It is jsut the coding of Opera is so different that is whysome sites seem "Broken" in opera when in fact that is what the sites truly look like if they were coded with the web standards that are forming for CSS and HTML.

So really IE can be blamed for the most part for the issues with website rendering. It is tough to code a site to meet the requirements of all 3 browsers. Have to code it specifically for each browser. Which is why i would like to see these standards passed. It would be easier for everyone to have sites coded just 1 way and viewed teh same in every browser.

how do I import my firefox bookmarks? Only shows me in the help how to import IE's

How to import or Export your bookmarks - TechModo

That there shows how to import bookmarks. Sadly you will have to lead the browse function to the hidden firefox folder in your Documents and settings/app data folder (Which is hidden by default) becuase firefox does not allow for bookmarks to be exported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom