Questions about new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persanity

Solid State Member
Ive been looking at a Sager 9261 Laptop, I have 2 questions about this. The laptop supports SLI and has 2 options, Geforce 7950 or geforce 8700, Is the only difference between these that the 7950 is DX 9 and the 8700 is DX10?
Oh and Should I wait for the Geforce 8800 to come out or go with the 8700 since its out now? Also I read a little side note saying Vista doesnt support SLI mode, Is that true? Cause there default option is for Vista and when I click the Dual card selection and go to checkout it never says I have incompatible components. Any help or opinions are welcome.

the 7950 is a much better choice....and yes Vista supports SLI. However, if you can wait for the 8800 mobile chips to be released, they will blow the 7950 out of the water.

I can deffinitly wait, I gotta sell my 2 current laptops and a bunch of my computer stuff to get some more funds. Anyway its nice to know that Vista supports SLI at least Im settled on what OS to get. Now if I can only decide on the other 9 billion things that itll run on....

I was wondering too, How does a quad core work? If I get a quad core at 2.66GHz is it basicly 4 processors running at 655MHz or does each core run at 2.66GHz? Im I better off with a 2.93GHz Core 2 Duo if each core only runs at 1/4 or 1/2 of the over all speed? Thanks for any help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom