Help with RAM Timings Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i dont think i can change it. Also I just googled some and it looks like performance gains depends on the setup and chipset. Someone with a p35 setup did 1t vs 2t testing and saw absolutely no gain....whereas someone with a 680i saw nearly a 20% difference.

I'm thinking about ugprading my mobo soon anyway...would like a DFI P35-T2R

ya.. i might be in the field of a new mobo.. seeing as i'm horribly disappointed in the huge fsb gap on this thing... seeing as 1300-1499(qdr) fsb it just plain won't boot at all.... and that running 1:1 runs directly as the qdr rating goes... so the 1066 fsb running 1:1 would be ddr1066... gotta run on "sync mode" to keep it on actual 1:1.. all other ratios run directly w/ the qdr crap, which i don't like...

this board has some weird spots to boot on.. just plain don't like some fsb's... but i guess dual cores w/ this are a different story

ya.. i've read up plenty on that... but i don't see there being a beefy enough Single GPU that'll take on crysis and upcoming titles at 1920x1200

well.. maybe the R680 i've been reading about.. that 3870x2 or whatever it is.. that may prove to do pretty well.. but i won't cross my fingers... maybe a gtx rev.? but i don't see that happening.. seeing as they'd have to add more sp's and what not...

back to ati huh?! lol.. i just jumped back into nvidia too!!!

welp.. i think i may just wait for the 780i.. though it is pretty much the same as the 680i... i think just w/ added pci-e 2.0 support

but surely.. a regular 680i and not my generic 680i posed as a 650i should overclock much better... seeing as people w/ the rev A boards are getting fairly high clocks... i only want a 3.2 ghz kinda daily use thing.. and maybe a 3.6-3.8 suicide run kinda use for benchmarking

the 780i isn't just "pretty much the same"...it's basically identical for all intents and purposes....it uses a 680i nortbridge with a different southbridge.

the 780i isn't just "pretty much the same"...it's basically identical for all intents and purposes....it uses a 680i nortbridge with a different southbridge.

sounds pretty much the same to me :p

and there's already some beta bios floating around w/ the support of yorksfield and what not (though not publically released.. but a good start)... these arent terrible boards... and i'm not willing to already throw away my gtx for an ati card again....

and its not that i really need to overclock my cpu.. as it runs fine.. even at stock clock speeds... but i'm sure it would bottleneck sli'd gtx's... oh what a puzzling situation...

and this thread was totally jacked! lol my bad!

Well if you are talking about crysis then I don't think it will be bottlenecked by 8800GTX cards in SLI.....that game will be graphically demanding for some time yet

lol, next generation of cards should be able to do it w/ a single card.. but besides crysis.. i guess nothing really needs SLi.. even at my huge resolution

i was very surprised to see portal and tf2 running 100+ fps w 8xaa 16xaf at 1920x1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom