Modifying desktop Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etalyc

Beta member
I am currently running windows XP with SP2, v.2149 and was just wondering if its possible to do this. What I want to do is to eliminate the text completely from my desktop icons so that only the icon remains? I've been able to cheat and achieve this effect by using blank characters but there is still a box around the text when the icon is selected and this causes other icons to get partially erased if the icons are spaced too close together. If it is not possible to do this, is there a way to manually change the color of the text so that I can have a black background with black text, or even have clear text?

Etalyc, the first two responses/solutions i think is your best bet.

I do not know of any way to edit the registry in order to delete that text box you speak of. Your best bet is to use a utility as mentioned above in the first two responses.

Trust me man, once you make the text box transparent, you'll hardly notice the text. I use a different utility to accomplish the same thing and depending up on the wallpaper i use, sometimes, i barely notice the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom