Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Jai

Solid State Member
Problem With Fonts

I would like to know something here...I have about 2389 fonts installed, now my first problem is this, I do not have File->Install Font. Im running Windows XP (registered version) not hacked. Another thing is when i use like Adobe or whatever and try to use the font, they are listed but it doesnt show the font, just blank. Is there a reason why my system is having problems with all these fonts?

well there could be several problems. First what type of fonts are we talking about? are they type 1,2,3 or true type? if type X then you need to install a program like ATM and use that to install the fonts.

atm? They are TT...do you think its because i have so many installed? Wouldnt putting them in the folder install them or does something go in the registry

Baby Jai, indeed having so many fonts on your system can cause the kind of symptoms you described. I read a solution for it a couple of years ago on another forum... can't remember it right now... if i can't find it - i'll post back here.

ATM is Adobe Type manager. It is a program that will let you work with Type 1 fonts. I was working a framemaker problem when I responded to this. That is why is used ATM...

BabyJai, now that i think about it, the poster w/ the same problem as yours ... i think the solution for him/her was to remove some of those fonts and burn it on a CD-R. Whenever you need some more, you pop in the CD and you can access them from there.

The moderator (different forum) gave that suggestion and first i thought it wasn't that great of a solution - but when you think about it, it's practical. Like what are the chances you're gonna use all 2300+ fonts in one day anyway? So removing some of them and burning it on to a CD is good i think.

yeah but ecventually I will use them all, and i will have to put them in the font folder anyway, there is no way to have all these and use them|?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom