Any good case ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...... maybe. Not sure how yet though. I am thinking of painting th interior of the case, not sure what color yet though.... possible flat black. Also, maybe I will paint the window too... I have some candy apple red transparent paint.

Here is a (bad photo) example of the red paint..... I painted these tail lights about 2 years back, but I haven't put them on yet. I have touch up work to do (finger print smudge on the indside of the lens in the paint, NO IDEA how that happened, and might use transparent black paint to darken the outside of them a little)... it has taken so long, because I fudged up, and forgot to mask off an area for the reverse lights, so these are 'technically' not road legal. Unless I can hook up a secondary set of reverse lights somehow....
PaintedTails.jpg

For comparison's sake.... here is the same set of lights that haven't been painted....
de-badged%20rear%202.jpg

As far as painting the window.... IF I deciede to do it, I am going to try and find some kind of clear clingy film to put on the window prior to painting..... that way, the window itself isn't being painted, the cling is. If it turns out looking like garbage, take off the cling, window is still clear, and ready to try something different....

^^ If you are looking into lights, Electroluminescent wire should do the trick... Google it. It gives all light but minimal heat. Its really thin wire and its looking really promising... I think im going to run it around my mobo tray to give it an underglow around my mobo ! to match my tracers blue glow... :D

^^ If you are looking into lights, Electroluminescent wire should do the trick... Google it. It gives all light but minimal heat. Its really thin wire and its looking really promising... I think im going to run it around my mobo tray to give it an underglow around my mobo ! to match my tracers blue glow... :D

Now that's an interesting idea...

... and I assume that is the same thing as the EL Wire I've seen around?

[off topic] Mmm, Scion xB those are fun to drive. I wanted one until I saw the new ones, I don't like them as much as the older more boxy models (the one in the picture). [/off topic]

I think the 900 looks really slick as it is. Also the cooling seems to be top notch. I might pick one up later this year, I don't think my case has good airflow at all and it's pretty cramped in there. Just 2x120mm case fans and an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro on the CPU. I think the 900 is cool because it seems like they paid attention to detail, with all the USB and stuff on top, and the little place to put your MP3 player and stuff.

Never really liked it, its small, and poorly built.

The whole top panel is plastic and the little side things on the front look stupid.

I think it really could have been an amazing case, but it just isn't there yet.

Looking forward to the 901 :p

Well I think the 900 is a pretty decent case. Like many people have stated it has excellent cooling. There's also a lot of space inside and it's got room for 6 internal HDDs. Plus all the fans look really cool how they light up and all.

But it's not perfect. The plastic adapter to put a fan on the side of the case is supposed to be able to come off, so you can just leave the metal screen for better airflow if you don't have a fan to put there. Well in my case, the metal screen wasn't properly attached to the side window, and I had to glue it in place myself to make it stay attached without the plastic thing. I also am not a big supporter of how all the fans have 4-pin molex connectors, so they can't be plugged into the mobo and therefore the only way to control their speed would be to buy a fan speed controller...

Other than that it's a great case. I think I'll be upgrading to the Coolermaster Stacker 830 next year though.

I'm really liking the idea of the electroluminescent wires that madmediablitz mentioned. I'll have to look into that.

Wow those are sound reactive to on some kits im going to deffinately buy one of those kits when i get my new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom