Cpu upgrade, need quick help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 2140 has a fsb of 800mhz, and your mobo may support it with a bios update. you have to flash the bios to update it. and they are a couple ways of doing it.
some mobos have a windows utility, some you have to do it from a floppy or flash drive.
you better let one of the intel boys answer this question...but there is indeed a chance that you can run an allendale in it.
there is no question that if you can, you should. especially for the same price.

Before recommending C2D's to him, anyone have sources that say wether or not the Intel 915G chipset will support a C2D?

If I were in your shoes. I would go back to CompUSA, have them refund your $50 for the diagnostic, as it was wrong. Their mistake cost you not only for their work, but also for a part that you didn't need.

[EDIT] I am going to go ahead and speculate that given the age of the chipset (2004), it will not support a Core 2 CPU....
List of Intel chipsets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia [/EDIT]

ah i didnt know where to look i did a quick google of the motherboard.
according to ED's table he linked your chipset will support celeron and pentium4.
i dont know if the bios update would allow it to run an allendale or not. if i had to wager on it, i would say it wouldnt. you may want to call your mobo's tech support and ask.

yea i couldnt find the FMS specifc one but i found general ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

i put in motherboard. socket 775 and P5GD1

dual core is not listed. also p4's with 65nm arent listed its all 90 nm there .....does this mean i cant use cedar mill? sorry for all these questions if im annoyin these are last questions sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom