Phenom on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
nosboost, where exactly do you get your money? You're either in some seriously illegal stuff, spoiled, somehow got a good job at a young age (I think you're young at least), or in a huge amount of debt.

lol spoiled.. i think not.. everything i have i purchase on my own.. and not only that.. i help pay for bills around my house whenever my parents need money

me.. i just find things at good value's.. and my builds.. always take me forever to build

i always set aside enough money to do my living outside the computer

and when i say consider building a phenom rig.. that won't be anytime soon....

i dunno after seeing some benches on xs.. the agena at 2.2 ghz is as fast as a 3.0+ ghz 6000+ in alot of tests... and 2.2 is guaranteed... 3.0+ is not... i dunno i'd take the agena.. i'm in fact thinking of making an amd rig just for some giggles

9500 running in M2N-SLi deluxe - XtremeSystems Forums and this is on an am2 mobo as well.. not a new 790 board. it shows its cpu score at 2.4 ghz is only 400 points away from a yorksfield at 3.0... this cpu holds great promises

nice man, seeing these benchmarks brings me high hope of the 9500 Phenom. Do u still think that i should get the 9500?

i havent really seen any tests on am2+ mobo's yet.. if you can manage to find some around.. that yield good results.. i don't see why not

and i mean.. if you don't really plan to do any oc'ing... i don't see the harm in buying one.. in real world performance i honestly don't think you'll notice a difference from a q6600 or anything..

people keep shutting down the phenoms.. but the fact is.. that its not bad... just not better than the intel core 2 quads... and so what?! like nagasama said.. don't tell people how to spend their money!

i havent really seen any tests on am2+ mobo's yet.. if you can manage to find some around.. that yield good results.. i don't see why not

and i mean.. if you don't really plan to do any oc'ing... i don't see the harm in buying one.. in real world performance i honestly don't think you'll notice a difference from a q6600 or anything..

people keep shutting down the phenoms.. but the fact is.. that its not bad... just not better than the intel core 2 quads... and so what?! like nagasama said.. don't tell people how to spend their money!

i plan on OCing either in January or February when i get the Tuniq heatsink n Artic Cooling MX-2.

then again, u think the bug in the Phenoms can be fixed? I mean the ones out right now?

San Jose Mercury News | San Jose Shopping - Computers & Electronics - Fry's Electronics

if your gonna buy.. here's a good deal... ecs ain't the best mobo company if you wanna oc.. as i've found out through experience... but even so.. thats like getting a mobo for 20 bucks... just sell it and buy a different mobo.. lol

hmm na no thx.

From the reviews that I have read, my impression is that the TLB trouble effects ALL of the Phenom's. AMD released the 2.2 and 2.3 chips because they are BELOW the 2.4 GHz threshold at which point the dragon rears its head. I will have to re-read the Anandtech review, but I believe they mentioned that the problem manifested itself in overclocked chips just as Naga has said.

As Naga already suggested, you should get yourself a highend motherboard, and an x2 4000 brisbane or something of the like until the bugs are ironed out of the Phenom's. Once the bugs are corrected, sell the x2, and get the Phenom. This is what I am doing with my new build. I got a nice motherboard, and an E6750, and once Penryn's are at a reasonable price, I can upgrade.

Rushing through a build is the best way to find yourself in trouble of some sort or another.

From the reviews that I have read, my impression is that the TLB trouble effects ALL of the Phenom's. AMD released the 2.2 and 2.3 chips because they are BELOW the 2.4 GHz threshold at which point the dragon rears its head. I will have to re-read the Anandtech review, but I believe they mentioned that the problem manifested itself in overclocked chips just as Naga has said.

As Naga already suggested, you should get yourself a highend motherboard, and an x2 4000 brisbane or something of the like until the bugs are ironed out of the Phenom's. Once the bugs are corrected, sell the x2, and get the Phenom. This is what I am doing with my new build. I got a nice motherboard, and an E6750, and once Penryn's are at a reasonable price, I can upgrade.

Rushing through a build is the best way to find yourself in trouble of some sort or another.

well...........that is a good point. If i go that route, then i could sell my friend the 4000+ or so to him for cheaper when the higher-end Phenoms come out. He wants to build himself a computer too under $800. I guess im gonna have to go with what u guy suggest. I totally agree with u, because then i can save money n get a high-end Phenom later. A nice strategy indeed!

Alright u guys have convinced me. However, i suggested my friend to get this processor, so ill give him a call n ask if i can sell it to him for less when the high-end Phenoms come out.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz - Black Edition
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Black Edition Processor - Retail

i would need a heatsink n better thermal compound too so ill go with what i wanted before:

ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Retail

Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

or

ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

which heatsink should i go with?

EDIT:

if i go with the Tuniq, then the total price, or around the total price, comes to $1153.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom