Any good case ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
I just bought an Antec Nine Hundred because it was on sale, however, it's still going to be 3-4 months before I can afford the computer to go inside it.

My question is, since I'll have it just sitting around all this time, is there any cool mods I should do to it? Does anyone know of any frequent additions to cases that would be cool for me?

I've never done any modding before... but if you guys can come up with something cool... Why not?

I like the LED fans. I could possibly get Tracers, but that's months away.

Thanks for any input!

I wouldnt put any more fans in it, it already cools really well. Maybe some led lights in it or cathodes that are sound reactive. Paint it a different color do whatever but i suggest not messing with any fans in it since it cools so well.

copycat.... lol, just messing. I plan on modding my Antec Nine Hundred too (should be here Wednesday), but I am not sure where to start... lol. Hopefully, this doesn't end up like the tail lights I am working on for my car that are 2+ years in the making... and still in the GARAGE... lol

Hmm, looking at the sound reactive cathode kits on Newegg, they seem very cheap and unsatisfactory.

I don't think I'm liking that idea as much any more...

... any other ideas?

Edit: Haha, you must have bought yours at the same time as me... because mine should be here by Wednesday as well!

Yeah, couldn't refuse $70.00 (after MIR) for a decent case, when the ones I was looking at days prior were in the $200-$250 range.... no thanks. I will buy my own tools & sheets of aluminium and build one myself before spending THAT much on a case... I got cold cathodes for my media rig (ages ago, when the XP 2400+ was at the top of the mid-range), and I found them to be kind of cheesy.... Not sure how I will feel about the LED fans either, but I guess I will see as I go along. I hope the cheap off-brand dremel tool I have has some sort of cutting wheel that can cut through aluminium.

Here you go.... get one of these, lol

ThermalTake XRay 5.25 Drive Bay Kit with Cup Holder and Cigarette Lighter A2021 at TigerDirect.com
T925-1110-main.jpg

If you thought Cathode tubes were cheezy... You'd really have a hard time with that thing.

Google isn't coming up with anything too cool either...

*sigh*

I think maybe my cathode's would have been better had I had something UV reactive. I went with the UV Cathodes, maybe shoulda gotten colored ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom