Odd PC issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDiesel

Baseband Member
I have an older Pentium 4 Gateway pc that has a wierd problem. When you power it on, once it starts to load windows it will power off. I tried goin in through safe mode and it powers off after trying to load the agp44.sys driver. I figured ok well it must have a software issue. I was just going to reload windows and be done with it, but it would not read my windows cd on boot up. It would check the drive and then continue on past. I did have the cd drive set to the first boot device. Anyway, I was in the bios for about ten minutes, and then exited and the pc booted right into windows and works fine. I can reboot multiple times and it works every time. When I power it off for the night I am back to windows not loading and powering off on its own, until I go into the bios so that the pc stays powered on for about ten minutes and then it boots all the way up and is fine again. It seems like something just needs to warm up and then it works. I think that is really odd and didn't know if anyone has seen this before, and what can be done about it.

Check your date and time if there running behind and your loosing time replace your Bios battery. Also what video card do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom