Which is faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
AMD X2 at 2.7GHz with DDR2 800 running at 340Mhz or an AMD X2 at 2.66 with the DDR2 800 running at 443Mhz?

Edit:
And I noticed when I bump my ram up to the 667Mhz level the circled numbers below jump up to higher numbers, whats all that about?

79164502mu0.jpg

those are your ram timings, i assume they are set to auto in your cmos, basically the faster you run your ram, the looser (higher) your timings to ensure stability, if you want you can try 4-4-4-15 : 19 or 5-5-5-15 : 20 (cl-trp-trcd-tras : trc) with your command rate at 2T

those are nice timings (1T) at that frequency

If I were you, I would just boot up, benchmark it, then reboot with the other settings, and benchmark that as well. Then make my decision based off the results of the tests.

You can manually set the RAM timings back, but you might not be able to boot with them at 4-4-4.

Also, what is the command rate, and how would one go about setting that?

Nice, though patriots should oc better though.

Try like the guy said 4-4-4-15 command rate 2 but the highest dram frequency it can go to.

Hmm, whenever I go into the area of Bios where I can edit my timings, no matter what I put, the computer beeps and resets itself untill I disable custom timings.

sdfus7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom