Windows XP Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
MSHOME Not accessible. I can't click on the "view all computers" on the my network settings as it prompts me with that error.

Are you connecting this to a Vista PC. If so you will never see that PC. Vista creates teh network with the name WORKGROUP while as you see XP uses MSHOME. So the 2 netowrks will never connect as they dont have the same name.

I have a home network already setup. I change Vista's workgroup to MSHOME and its true that I do not see this PC, however, I can manually type the computer name, user and password for it to work.

The problem lies on Windows XP itself. And this has been a recent problem within the past few days. At first I didn't really care as I had nothing to share in the home network. But now I had some files to transfer over that I had to copy and paste in my external hard drive since my network wasn't working.

The internet works though. Computer A is able to see computer B and use its shared resources. Computer B however cannot see any computers in the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom