Cpu upgrade, need quick help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
hi all im new here well i recently got a new mobo for my system it is the
Asus p5gd1-fms 775 motherboard seen here BzBoyz.com - Asus P5GD1-FMS 775 Intel 915GExp. 800FSB DDR-400 PCI.e Motherboard : Socket 775 DDR PCI Express Motherboard

but my Cpu is fried!! the dead cpu is a intel pentium 4 3.0ghz Hyperthreading and 90nm.

what my question is guys i read and heard that cedar mill is a good cpu it gives 65 nm technology which makes it run less hot!.

i really want to upgrade from 90nm to 65nm and the intel pentium 4 cedar mill 3.0 ghz with hyperthreading 65 nm is looking real well! its seen here Newegg.com - Intel Pentium 4 631 Cedar Mill 3.0GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

NOW ON TO MY PROBLEM!:) will this new asus motherboard that i got support the 65nm technology? or am i stuck with buying 90 nm.. please help me out i tried everywhere to find it in asustek.. they only got p5gd1 general info not the fms version.. i really want 65 nm.... can i buy cedarmill please will it work??

um i really need to be sure i can do 65 nm cpu on this board... i kinda had a bad experience with techs. i went to maincompusa store near my place to do a diagnostic ended up paying 50$ they told me my motherboard had died but it turned out my cpu died so they robbed me..now i really got to be sure about the stuff that i buy some say this asus board doesnt support 65nm i really want to be sure does it support 65 nm technology?

this motherboard only supports intel pentium 4 or celeron D , if i could of gotten dual core i would but those mostly require more than 800 fsb. core 2 duo i think is for a future build right now i just want to get this machine working:p 2 months its been broken..

this motherboard only supports intel pentium 4 or celeron D , if i could of gotten dual core i would but those mostly require more than 800 fsb. core 2 duo i think is for a future build right now i just want to get this machine working:p 2 months its been broken..

then just get the first dual core mentioned for like $80, but don't get a Pentium D. And if you just want something quick then that will do you fine until you can upgrade later like you said.

ok then i just want it to work right now i will be getting the cedar mill p4 3.0 ghz ht with 65 nm since you guys said my mobo will support 65 nm :)

i dont get it... how can i run the dual core e2140 i just checked it out its good 1.6 ghz but this mother board only supports p4.... how is it possible to run a dual core on this mobo i really do not want to buy a cpu that wont work this mobo clearly says p4 and celeron D only..... also a new question the bios rev is 1.01 on this mobo um some of the new processors require higher bios like ex 1.07 how is it possible to get a comp working if its not up to date with the bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom