A spec that would beat a ps3 for graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD I was 7 seconds ; ; I tried bidding again but i was a good 2 late or so ;p. still a ways to go.

And I agree with everythign you said kissker lol

Or Lack there of?

Don't forget the ps3 is a streaming processor and would totally pwn any pc in folding,conversion,streaming, and other app if written correctyly to utilize the SPU's, not to mention the CBE can also dub as a Graphics chip which was showed way back in 2005 in he tech demo where they totally shot up a car, that was all rendered by the Cell, im pretty sure Q6600 or higher processor would be able to do that.

Don't forget the ps3 is a streaming processor and would totally pwn any pc in folding,conversion,streaming, and other app if written correctyly to utilize the SPU's, not to mention the CBE can also dub as a Graphics chip which was showed way back in 2005 in he tech demo where they totally shot up a car, that was all rendered by the Cell, im pretty sure Q6600 or higher processor would be able to do that.

But we don't care about that, act is, a Q6600 and even E6700+ has more power to play more intensive games than a PS3. And its been proven.

It goes like this... Console games are better graphics for 3 Months. And then PC takes the hot spot for the next 3 years ever increasing every few months.

The Xbox 360's more PC like cpu with 3 cores at 3.2 ghz handle games at this moment in time BETTER than the PS3, and we have Quad cores running at the same speed with better architecture, a PC Quad Core or high end Dual Core would rip a console processor appart, and this is obvious, because there a lot more expensive.

didnt all us pc users get rid of the dual socket for multi-core cpu's? seems funny to me, anyways the Processor in the 360 is no where near as powerful or functional as the ps3 Cell, of course we are talking about General purpose in terms of power KMAN if it was diff like streaming applications which i use a lot mor than General Purpose apps, i would see a benefit in using a cell since it would vastly increase my productivity as well as many people. not really true about Consoles taking over gfx, when the ps3 and 360 cam out they were already overshadowed by DX10 however no PC games at the time used it so it was null, but the PS3 RSX uses Open GL 2 which in some respects is superior to DX10 except of course by ease of use.

@Baron5 the Cell was designed by Sony IBM and Toshiba.

FPS are played way better on PCs than on on any console any day. No matter how bad the graphics on the pc may look. The controller will never replace, a good old mouse and a keyboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom