Corsair, Geil, Kingston or OCZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaroo

Daemon Poster
This review is different because it tests overclockability and stability using test equipment used by the manufacturers.

I found this to be a very interesting review that shows the different performance of memory, I read it all but if you don't have the time or simple don't want to, it is all in the Conclusion on the last page.

Review
Conclusion

Really? My Corsair is crap, I have to run my FSB at 195MHz for my PC to run stable.

Contacted Corsair and they said it has something to do with my RAM being 3200C2PT and my motherboard being Asus A7N8X-E-Deluxe.

They don't like eachother.

Corsair said they would replace with something better if I sent it to them... I am in the UK, which means I have to send across Atlantic and trust them to send me some back.

lol prob at most 50/50 chance you're gonna get it back b4 2010 theyll prob give u some crap excuse like "we had to make sure it was the 3200C2PT" or ssumtin like that lol

The Corsair guys said they would replace mine, but not sure I want to send abroad, they could just keep my £200 RAM.

I have the Corsair XMS 3200 with 2-3-2-6 timings and it runs great.

Doesn't overclock well, the most i could get out of it was 420mhz, but who cares. Very stable.

But for some reason, when i run it at 366mhz i get errors, but at 400 and 420 it runs flawlessly.

It is my Corsair PC3200C2PT that is unstable with Asus A7N8X-E-Deluxe.

That combination never works for some reason.

Its almost impossible to send a Technical Report to Asus because their report form is so hard to complete, everything is required and they want everything - serial numbers for almost every piece of hardware, BIOS versions, core speed, memory speed, driver versions, when it was bought, who you bought it from, what you had for dinner :p

Kangaroo said:
It is my Corsair PC3200C2PT that is unstable with Asus A7N8X-E-Deluxe.

That combination never works for some reason.

Its almost impossible to send a Technical Report to Asus because their report form is so hard to complete, everything is required and they want everything - serial numbers for almost every piece of hardware, BIOS versions, core speed, memory speed, driver versions, when it was bought, who you bought it from, what you had for dinner :p

tell me about it...asus is a great mobo manufacturer but has TERRIBLE customer service

i have corsair and it runs great ive gotten my 400 mhz sticks up to 466 without upping the voltage but didnt want to mess anything up so brought them down a little. never any errors and runs very fast. cant go wrong with corsair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom