Reccomend me an external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
So my music collection is getting quite hefty, and I'm looking in to buying an external hard drive.

What would you guys recommend? I probably have to keep it under $150 CAD.

I'm looking at this: NCIX.com - Buy Acom Data Hybrid Drive 500GB 7200RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive Pushbutton Backup - HD500UHE5-72 In Canada.

The only con according to reviews is the LED that's too bright... I'll just cover it...

EDIT: Never mind that drive, I looked up more reviews and many people said it was DOA or broke after a month. I guess I'll look in to Western Digital?

EDIT 2: NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital Mybook Essential 320GB External Hard Drive USB2.0 7200RPM 8MB Retail Box - WDG1U3200N In Canada.

Newegg.com - Western Digital My Book Essential WDG1U3200N 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Retail

That looks trustworthy, and most of the reviews say it's good. Anybody care to chime in with an opinion? :)

EDIT AGAIN!: Gah, Read more bad reviews for that...

another one that seems great from all the reviews I've seen: NCIX.com - Buy Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 320GB USB2.0 3.5IN External Hard Drive Retail Box 5YR MFR Warranty - ST303204FDA1E1-RK In Canada.

I think that the Western Digital My Book works well, i have had it for about a year and it always functions properly. The 250 GB My Book was $100-$120 when i bought mine. Overall i think it works well for the price. Hope this helps.

The my books have been excellent in my experience. If the price is right, I would opt for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom