AMD build... $150 to drop right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok... how much do you have to work with, and what do you have now? unless I misinterpreted your post. you have 150 to work with? or you have 150 to work with right now, and plan on getting the rest later? either way, depending on what you get it would be cheaper on the budget to get parts all at once saving on shipping cost, unless free shipping applies.

lol yeah I think I wasn't clear enough... i have 150 right now! and plan on getting the rest later... really.. my budget can fill up $1000 w/o case.. but i want to get the best bang for buck and totally think every part through... mimimze cost maximize budget... shipping is ehh bc if im not mistaken clubit.com just adds shipping together... ie if cpu is $7 shipping... and mobo is $11 shipping is $18.. thats what i thought...

that makes more sense, but still why not look at the builds that have been done on here (search is a wonderful tool) and get it all at once, this way your not giving yourself a nervous breakdown waiting on parts to come in! LOL

but also if you make up your list now, you can get some opinions here and go from there instead of having to answer redundant questions about compatibility, parts you already have, and then wondering if you made the right decision in the fist place if someone comes back and gives you a better part to get.

turrrree totttallyyy.. i can post my current list right now... ill make a new thread... should i post in high perf or general? since this got moved.. less work for somebody..

I would have to say that depends on your total budget and what your willing to drop. if you want higher end parts to last a couple of years, then high end, but if your willing to go with older parts (but still more than capable) then go general.

^^ I have a case.. :D Alienware :D ... This computer that im building is fixing the mistake i made 2 years ago.. do i regret it no, MY CASE IS SICKKK!, BUT was it not the smartest, WAYYY YES!

Rather than start a new post, edit your first post in this thread, and put your list there, and also change the name of the thread... if you aren't able to, post your list at the bottom, and one of the mods can edit the first post for you.

if you want on newegg you can pick up a 4000+ brisbane and a gig of xms2 ram for 70 bucks after a rebate and a combo deal. (40 MIR, 55 ComboDeal)

also you can get a good combo deal on that cpu and a 570 sli mobo for under 150

Since you are looking for a 'higher' mid range system, I would recommend going with an Intel chip. I consider myself to be an AMD fanboy (gotta root for the underdog, ya know.... I'm a Cubs fan, go figure), but on my current rig that the parts are being shipped out as we speak, I decieded to go with an Intel CPU, as they are better performers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom