new pc. critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
crossfire is not a waste... i guarantee you won't be playing games at max w/ just 1 if you have a 24 inch monitor

so before saying it is a waste.. lets ask

what says monitor are you using

edit:

i see you have a 24 incher in there... your going to need crossfire..

from my experience w/ a 2900pro on 1920x1200... i would say it would be good to have crossfire... cuz games will get the occassional hickup if its anything new.. such as crysis... maybe cod4.. but i don't wanna say 100% sure

but for a 24 incher.. dual 3870 seems appropriate to me

RAID is not hard to set up. You do that in the initial setup of the OS. Your choice, but 3GB is not going to provide any more performance than 2GB at this point. but for the most part you have a nice setup in H2O so I think you'll be happy with it.

oh and 4GB isn't just for 64-bit anymore... more and more games, and apps are taking advantage of the ram, Vista alone will love more and more ram.

what he said :cool:

in my country crossfire 3870 cost $200 less then 1 nvidia GTX.. is it worth it, make up your own mind ;)

"but 3GB is not going to provide any more performance than 2GB at this point"
- why is this? when will it be better?

"oh and 4GB isn't just for 64-bit anymore... more and more games, and apps are taking advantage of the ram, Vista alone will love more and more ram."

- so i can get 4 gigs on my 32-bit vista? how just put it in and it works?

but will that work, having 2 different kinds or ram works deosnt it? in my situation.
Patriot Extreme Performance 1GB 2X512MB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 Dual Channel Memory Kit
and
Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Kit W/ LEDs
Will it work?

you can do that.. but for more stability put the same types of RAM in the Dual Channel, so that they don't clash if they have different voltages..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom