SATA II Drives Safely Remove Tray icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
I just built my mom a rig with an Asus M2N mobo with a Sata II hdd... It comes up in the tray as a removalbe device do you guys know of anyway to disable this? besides hiding the tray icon? She uses Flash drives often so its still practical to have it in the tray...

That's a design downfall of the SATA device and the nForce drivers. It makes SATA drives show up as removable.
Try this:

1. Click Start menu > Run > type regedit and then press ENTER;
2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvata

3. Create a new DWORD value called "DisableRemovable" (without quotes) and set to "1";
4. Close Regedit and restart Windows.

yeah but i have a sata drive in my comp and its not an issue and the last computer i built w/ sata didn't have this issue.. I'm all for hot-swap but just give me an option to make it realize not to give my c drive hot swap ablitity!

yeah but i have a sata drive in my comp and its not an issue and the last computer i built w/ sata didn't have this issue.. I'm all for hot-swap but just give me an option to make it realize not to give my c drive hot swap ablitity!

Did the last two computers use the nForce chipset?

That's a design downfall of the SATA device and the nForce drivers. It makes SATA drives show up as removable.
Try this:

1. Click Start menu > Run > type regedit and then press ENTER;
2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvata

3. Create a new DWORD value called "DisableRemovable" (without quotes) and set to "1";
4. Close Regedit and restart Windows.

I was looking at that fix but i read it might short out my hdd?!?!? im going to try it right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom