Cheapest mobo and processor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann101

In Runtime
Well soon i will be upgrading my ram and gfx card i figure why not upgrade the whole computer and go with a different motherboard and processor. This is where im lost i know intels C2Ds are beating Amd in sales and what not. Im looking for a cheap upgrade that beats my Pentium D 2.66 with a Ecs Rc410 mobo. Im willing to spend about 150 bucks maybe also willing to Oc to get more performance. By the way it really doesnt matter to me Amd or Intel whichever offers the more performance and low price is the winner to me:D

M2N-SLi Deluxe and an x2 3600+ will hit 3.0ghz easily too.. or if u can take a rebate.. the Foxconn 590 and an X2 3600+

M2N-SLi Deluxe and an x2 3600+ will hit 3.0ghz easily too.. or if u can take a rebate.. the Foxconn 590 and an X2 3600+

Yup...and that will most likely be cheaper. The intel setup has a slight edge on the AMD setup in gaming though...also its more likely that the intel will clock to 3.2-3.4ghz while the AMD will most likely do a max of 3.0-3.1ghz

or if he gets a 5000+ Brisbane Black edition.. who knows where he could stop then..

Right now at Tigerdirect they got the x2 5000+ Black edition for only $99 plus it comes with Call of Juarez Video game for free. Pretty good deal. I have a x2 6400+ Black Edition, but I don't have a motherboard yet so I haven't been able to test it, but i heard the 5000 can o/c better. It's probably because the 6400 can't really go much higher, it's already at 3.2ghz lol.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition Processor ADO5000DSWOF - FREE Call of Juarez PC Game, 2.60GHz, 512KB Cache, 1000MHz FSB, Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2 (940), Processor - No Fan at TigerDirect.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom