What i already have:

Cooler Master Extreme Power 430W PSU

LG L1730S Monitor

Microsoft Razer Habu Gaming Mouse

Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard

LG DVDRW

Windows XP PRO SP2

hi mate :)

hehe got the same mobo, cpu and graphics card as you .. so i probably knows exactly how you feel trying to play these new games.

I would go with what Deadpixel said. I too am upgrading but early next year. If you want to get it now and cant wait then yeh get the Q6600.. but personally you waited this long whats a month or so.. wait till the penryns are released in jan.. and get yourself a QX9450 (im after this one)... if you want sli then i suggest wait again for 780i or a 680i if you cant wait. And finally for graphics 8800GTS rev2 or 8800GT for now.

dunno about that mobo so wont comment. does it support 45nm penryns??
cant go wrong with that HDD.
Personally i would get the Crucial Ballistix ram.
Good case.
Nice Gcards.
X-Fi ... sweet.
Nice "looking" cooler.. as other said there are much better performing ones.

I could wait and better CPUs and GPUs and mobos would come out and other ones would decrease in price but if you think about it there will always be some piece of hardware upgrading every month. I bet if i propose that build in 2 months someone will brag on about new hardware coming out and i should wait.

you got a point to a certain extent.

whats a month thou? There will not be no new range of cpus from Intel till Nehalem (possibly Q4 2008). Like you said current stuff will be cheaper.. Most New-Gen Hardware has already been released.. penryn on the verge.. Phenoms out, some revised 8800's soon. Theres only 1 major New-Gen series that is taking its time and thats nvidia 9 series. Thats the only major hardware thats around the corner mate not much else.

I still think it would be better if you wait for Jan Penryn release.. QX9450 or cheaper Q6600.

Depends if you can make it thru xmas without a new pc.

I got crysis and i dont want to play through the game on med/low settings, and i want a comp all ready to go for farcry 2 but maybe i could wait but then the prices might only drop 20% on the cpu and card. I can live with that im a rich c**t. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom