Best e6600 HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi, I just ordered a Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evo SE, in hopes of getting better airflow. I'm running a C2D e6600 at 333x9mhz at 1.375v on a Gigabyte DS3 965p motherboard. I'm getting this case so I can more easily organize my wiring, better airflow, and hopefully to OC my e6600 a good bit further. My current case is a mid-tower NZXT Apollo.

I'm using a Zalman CPNS 9500 2-ball blue-LED heatsink right now, and I doubt it's the best anymore. Plus, the LED light died, which ticks me off a little. Anyway, I need to know what the best CPU Heatsink is for my cpu/mobo setup in a full-tower CM Stacker 830. I'm going for functionality, not looks. Nine fans lighting up blue is pretty enough for me. But if it looks cool, then it's all the better. My only constraint is that I don't want to have to take off the fan bracket that holds the four 120mm fans on the side, as I'm not sure how these higher profile heatsinks fit in. Thanks for the input.

Yeah I was thinking that to myself once I stumbled across some detailed reports comparing the higher end heatsinks listed on the best parts list of this forum. I imagine the superior airflow of the 830 in comparison to my Apollo will have a bigger impact itself on temps than a new heatsink. The Enzotech Ultra-X consitently had great reviews on the sites I've been to. I'll probably just grab one of those. The Thermalright 120 Extreme look like it would snap my mobo in half as soon as I tilted it right-side up. Thanks for the help.

Well, you gotta sacrifice the weight for performance. The thermalright extreme and tuniq tower are mammoth... but cool a little better then yours or my 9500.

actually there are quite a few heatsinks that significantly outperform the cnps 9500....the Enzotech being one of them.

monster case ;)

you did it proper.. good performance and lastability :D

i never heard of a HSF ever snapping a mobo, but i guess alot of peeps have this concern nowdays with the size of these beast coolers theyre making.

Thermalright 120 Extreme will be an excellent choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom