Cooler Master Stacker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
I just recently purchased a Cooler Master Stacker 830, I love the case, but one problem/misunderstanding annoys me. The Front Panel Headers on most motherboards to connect the power led, etc, usually consist of 2 pins for the power led, etc. But the cooler master stacker has a 3 pin power led which cannot connect due to the fact it needs to be 2 pin, am I correct or just overlooking something? The motherboard I am looking at putting in this case is possibly a Gigabyte X38T DQ6, and it says the power led should be a two pin connector in the manual???

For Example I Drew a Picture:

the power led can either be a 2 or 3 pin connector, therefore if you still want to use it, you must improvise, just get a razer blade (or anything else that's pointy) and carefully lift the little tabs on the black connector and replace the wire to the appropriate hole

the power led can either be a 2 or 3 pin connector, therefore if you still want to use it, you must improvise, just get a razer blade (or anything else that's pointy) and carefully lift the little tabs on the black connector and replace the wire to the appropriate hole

Won't it still be a 3-pin(with the wires in the first two pin holes) and take up one of the reset pin spots?

I believe you should have an adapter to plug all of the front panel wires into?

Then the adapter just plugs into the mother board??

At least that is how my stacker is, although it is an older model....and HUGE.

Hey I've got a questions myself. I purchased a stacker 830 also. (It's a monster...) Anyways I have an AC-97 and a HD AUDIO connecter. And then a bundle of the single wires. (I previously had a brother help me put mine together) However this time I seem to be a tad confused. Is the two connecters the sames as the bundle of wires? Maybe just a backup incase their method doesn't fit? Otherwise I can't figure out where it'd go as I wouldn't have enough slots. (My current computer is away from me as I'm on a trip on my laptop to the good ol parents. Products were shipped here to my parents and I wanted to finish up before I left home) Here's my mobo EVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA, Socket 775, ATX, (New T1 Version), Audio, PCI Express, SLI, Dual Gigabit LAN, SPDIF, USB 2.0 & Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID 122-CK-NF68-T1 at TigerDirect.com

His future build has corsair DDR3 memory in it.. That may be why.

Almost, haha, my friend works in a computer warehouse, and he got two X38T's for free from his boss as a gift, so he let me have one, its a really stable board...so far. But its also nice cause the board has DDR3 Ram, so I can just transfer that over when I get my Maximus later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom