Phenom on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, actually i agree with you.
until the price is lowered on the phenoms, the q6600 is a better deal, new build wise.
i think a fair price for the phenom, based on its performance (and that of the q6600), would be closer to 200 dollars.

I like how they got unlocked multipliers on the phenoms (idk if they got a different version but I know they'll be the same price model for model). I'm going to wait just a little bit longer (Q1 08) and see if AMD's game stepped up a little bit more or something, then I'll probably get that MSI board with the Phenom&HD3870.

question is, should I invest in DDR3 or just stick with DDR2 for now?

Ok, Intel Fanboys... no posting no crap about Core 2 Quads being better or w/e u guys love to argue... this is purely informative..

again with the stupid arguing.. I swear these threads just go the wrong way sometimes.. yes.. Phenom is slower than the q6600 by about 14% but its also 14% cheaper... and Fanboys realize that... and agree with that... Nagasama maturely just said that..

actually it was first 800$ for the first two weeks.. then dropped like 529$ (or w/e q6700 price is now.. ) then.. 266$

Phenom is a nice thought if you are geared for AMD or you just want to try AMD out for something new, but the reality of the situation is that the current phenoms do not even perform as well as the Intel Q6600 so all of you guys who think the phenoms are magical and the end all be all processor need to open your eyes to some benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom