TF2 Crashes when joining a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I just spent all night downloading TF2 from Steam so I could play it on my trip, and now it won't run... it works fine, up until I try to join a server. None of the servers respond when I select one from the list, although if I click refresh repeatedly, some of them will eventually connect.

However, once it connects, it will take a long time to load the game data, and then crash on 'sending client info.' hl2.exe throws an exception, and a block of the screen locks up until error reporting finishes, which takes an unusually long time.

HP Pavilion dv1000
Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz
1.24GB RAM
Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Graphics Chipset
Windows XP Home SP2
Hardware DirectX 8.1, Software DirectX 9.0c

I did look through the grapics options and made sure everything was turned all the way down, and the game client didn't seem to have an objection to my hardware configuration... even recommended higher settings than I used.

So, how can I play some TF2?

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1385/45300245nm7.png

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 5,510
Well your processor is just barely above the minimum. That could be part fo the problem. A 1.2 is minimal while a 2.4 is recommended and a 3.4 is optimal.

Try again. I had the same problem for a night same with a friend of mine I think it was a problem on Valves End.

Actually after looking at the error more closely it does look like a problem on the server end. Check their forums and see if they have had any downtime. This game took off like a bandit. I wouldnt be surpised if there was some downtime.

I'm not seeing any threads on the Steam forums that would indicate such an issue... I'm still waiting on account activation before I can post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom