Can you spot a bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
My rig is in my Signature. I don't exactly have an 8800gt just YET. but I have a 8400gs at the moment (for my backup card.) By the time my step up program ends (end of feb) I'll be upgrading to the best card available, (but more or less an 8800gt)

My questions are, with the information given in my sig, can you spot a significant bottleneck? I don't want to spend too much money, but if I have to I might upgrade my CPU and Mobo..

Another thing, I'm probably going to be running at a 1440x900 resolution for a very long time. I know the g92 cores include the gt, gts, and the gtx. As far as I know they just include more and more ram respectively.

If I'm running at this resolution, would a gt be perfect for me?

-Thanks! : )

Looks fine to me. The 8800GT should work great with it.

Hey Turtile.. you ever thought about overclocking that 478 CPU?

i have a Socket 478... 3.2ghz overclocked to 3.7ghz with stock HSF on a P4P800SE mobo.

I swear you could get 3.5ghz no probs. ;)

to OP: Looks good to me. Your probable weakest part is the CPU.. but it wont bottleneck you. Looks good.

The 8800GT is a great choice. Even though some games are very CPU dependent (UT3), the AMD x2 chips @ 3.0+ghz are still pretty fast, and won't bottleneck the gfx card at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom