overclocking the intel E2180

Status
Not open for further replies.

escallui

Solid State Member
im going to overclock this processor but my questions is, do i need to get a specific motherboard in order to get to work right?if so, any recomendations?Also, will i need a new fan after i overclock it?

I don't think that it is necesary to change your MB just for OCing. The fan is neccesary and the better it is the more you can OC your PC.

My question: I have E2180, I hadnt OCed yet and lounched Prime95 test and Speedfan/CoreTemp for temperatures. Is it very bad that Core 0 and Core 1 get the "fire icons" at 50C?

TY, I'll keep that in mind. So far added 200Mhz (total 2.2Ghz) and the temperature is around 55C.
I'm sort of worried about RAM. When I increased CPU's speed by 20mhz for one multilayer the speed of RAM increases by 40Mhz. FSB:RAM is 1:2. I hear that most people use 1:1 ratio. So won't I kill my RAMs by speeding it up? What to do avoid it?

You won't kill it. It just might become unstable and then you can get errors while in windows. What Ram do you have? is it 800mhz?

You can change the ratio to 1:1 if you want. Just download Memtest 86 and run it after you step up the fsb.. this will test your ram to make sure it is still working at the faster speeds.

Well I managed to OC up to 2.8 at stock voltages and cooling, temperature during stress were around 60C sometimes less. Left RAM clock speed to 840Mhz and seems working fine.
And last but not the lest GPU. I don't understand somethings about it. I use nTune and after OCing it when I restart the speeds all go to default (when restarting pc turnsoff for a while and launches agen). Is there some problem in Bios?

Well I managed to OC up to 2.8 at stock voltages and cooling, temperature during stress were around 60C sometimes less. Left RAM clock speed to 840Mhz and seems working fine.
And last but not the lest GPU. I don't understand somethings about it. I use nTune and after OCing it when I restart the speeds all go to default (when restarting pc turnsoff for a while and launches agen). Is there some problem in Bios?

You should use ATiTool....its better than nTune. It is normal for the speeds to return to the original settings. There should be an option somewhere to have nTune startup with windows and have it apply the OC'd settings automatically. Or you could just flash the new speeds to the GPU BIOS...that's what I'm going to do. A lot of people are scared of flashing the GPU BIOS though.

Oh I see how it is. I'll try atitool. Well what comes with the word "flashing" always sounded dangerous or atleast not easy.
Last time forgot to add that even when ntune is lounched the clock speeds returned to default. Also I want to ask: how much points did you gain from OCing e2180 or/and 8600gts AND on what 3Dmark06 options do you usualy test PC? on default or max? becouse I only get 4300 and thats pretty low compared with the list of 3dmark tests in this forum or is my pc the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom