e2180 Overclock Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Rambis

Solid State Member
Okay.. here's what i have going on:

My e2180 will get close to 3ghz on stock voltage. Past 3 I really have to crank up the vCore to get it stable. So I changed the modifier from 10x to 9x and increased the fsb. Right now I'm stable at:

(350 x 9) 3.150Ghz vcore = 1.4215v fsb = +.1v
NB = +.2v
DRAM = +.4v

Memory is 4-4-4-12 @700mhz 1:1 ratio.

So right now my memory is underclocked but in a 1:1 ratio. Would it be better to change the ratio from 1:1 and go for like 800+ mhz on my ram ? If so what ratios work best with my system ?

sry i'm a noob.

All depends, 1:1 ratio on memory is somewhat overrated. I would just get a stable cpu overclock, then start adjusting the memory modifier until you find what the highest OC ont he memory is, and go with that.

Like veedub said, try to get a stable cpu overclock first. Find your max, that way you know its not the memory that isn't letting you go further. Take the ram out of the equation.

ugz . that overclock wasn't stable. I backed it down to 280 x 10 at stock voltage for now. I guess I'll put the ram back to stock timings and try to push some more later. I think that either I didn't get a "good" chip or it just doesn't work well with my set up because some ppl get to 3.2 on stock and 3.4 @ 1.4125. Where as I have a lot of trouble getting above 3ghz.

Couple more noob questions:

I noticed the voltages in everest and cpu-z are reading like .04 less than what I set them to in bios. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Also. Should I worry about restarting my computer 1000 times in two days ?

hrm. I guess i just got unlucky with this cpu. It's only a mediocre overclocker compared to the ones i read about.

3.0 @ 1.3625v
3.1 @ 1.41857v
3.2 @ 1.48(too hot for me)

e2180's are guaranteed M0 steppings.. the other ones depending on the date they were made can be either L2 or M0

After July 22nd: e2140s and e2160's are M0's

b4 then: L2..

but nowadays you are really likely to get an m0 one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom