ATI X800XT drivers..problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys, tried everything and still have problems. i did everything mentioned in this thread and nothing helped. i even tried running drivers made for the x800 series of cards. im only having this problem with call of duty. medal of honor, farcry, joint operations and every other game runs fine. its just call of duty.

i ran memtest and it showed no problems. uninstalled the game then reinstalled it. updated drivers for vid card, sound card, mobo, all windows updates and nothing worked.

im 100% out of options other than buying a new card.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVING THESE SAME PROBLEMS? if so, please let me know. i would like to find out if its just me, or are others having this same problem!!!!!

i guess if i had 1.00 for everytime i screamed that into the phone at one of their tech support people. i could retire right now. they claim that if its not their components, they cant help. if it was the factory card that came with the computer, they could.

well the only thing i can recomend now is send the card back or
put the card in another system see if it does any better .
If you want i can send you my 9800 Pro or my FX5950 Ultra you send the x800xt to me ill test yours and you can test mine in your system.All i can say is ive had the 9700 pro ,the AIW 9700 pro , 9800 pro 9800 xt.
The only issues were heat problems.The Pre 9700 pro did have some conflics with the E7205 chipset but was fixed with a bios update and ATI did some work on there video drivers.So both mobo and vc makers had there probs on 1st release.
I went through the same headaches you are now.

I have the exact same problem to the littlest detail. System works fine, breaks in Far Cry, Call of Duty and Neverwinter Nights - Hordes of the Underdark. Board runs very hot. No errors in memory, etc. All the latest patches, freshest drivers etc. Still breaks.

The card is a VisionTek Xtasy X800XT. The box is a generic watercooled PC with AMD64 3200+ with 1 GB of Corsait DR400 RAM. So far the only solution I found was to return the card to the store.

I purchased the waterblock for the GPU, I will post more info when it arrives.

{FBI}The_Wonder you are not the only one experiencing this problem.
Im running

asus A7n8X
2100+
1G 2700 RAM
40G hard drive
Powercolor x800 pro 256mb RAM
48X CD-ROM/CD-RW
onboard sound
350W PSU

While playing games I can play for 2 hours no problem and have it freeze and then play for 5 min and have it freeze. I have updated the catalyst drivers from 4.5 to 4.6 with no results. I also updated all my motherbourd drivers with no results.
Heat is not an issue either.
I have not updated my bios though and hence am probably only running 1004.

My fathers computer

300W PSU
MSI micro ATX (havn't checked model)
512mb 2700 RAM
40G Hard Drive
Powercolor ati x800 pro 256mb RAM
48X CD-ROM/CD-RW
don't know which sound card, but a cheap one

Is experiencing no problems at all.
He can run all the latest games with no problem.
I have tried swapping the cards (as they are the same) but there have been no results

I prevously owned a ASUS Geforce4 MX440 8x with the latest detonator drivers.
I swapped cards and installed the ati catalyst drivers but after experiencing random freezing I formatted, changed partition from FAT 32 to NTFS, flashed the BIOS and tryed again. To no result.
I once received an error message stating that my graphics card was not interacting with my display drivers and hence the VPU reset my graphics card.
The freezing has become more consistant too.

problem fixed?? thanks to ELV1S

FBI something or rather I changed my motherboard to the Gigabyte 7N400Pro 2 and the freezing has apparently stopped. I am still in thprocess of testing it out on all my games but I think it sould be fine. I think what the problem is that the GPU on the X800 is conflicted with the ASUS chip on my motherboard. This was found thanks to ELV1S (a friend of mine). Looks like your up for a new motherboard buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom