A spec that would beat a ps3 for graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but the whole point of consoles is to ONLY play games. I hate when people say things like "well you cant browse the internet on consoles" or " you cant mod games"

this isnt why console were created, i dont want any of the functionalities from my console that my PC's have, i dont. I just want a pretty game that is fun to play, and only cost's me 300$, not 2700$.

I love both PC games and console games. But if a game comes out on both platforms, and unless its a RTS game, i will be buying it for my 360.

65" 1080i 7.1 tower speaker Enhanced DTS/ nice comfy couch vs a 32" tv, meh 5.1 surround sound setup and a chair.....yeah no competition.

Another thing i love about consoles are the games focus primarily on the campaign. good story lines, amazing voice acting ( mass effect, metal gear 4) which really gets you hooked on the game. I've never been much of a fan for online multi, too much competition, not as much fun. My best experiences ever are from playing vs 4 of my friens on the halo series, screwing around in warthogs trying to run each other over, or playing mario kart on the gamecube. Not getting pwned by a 13 year old n00b on BF2 that has no life....

omg .. here we go again whats better then what.. dont anyone read the posts here. Its like comparing a drag car to a ferrari. Both are great in their own field.

you should listen to Merkwürdigliebe... his posts explains it perfectly. PCS are multifunctional.. so some of their power is lost thru say software and configs. Console are purely geared for playing games. it like if you took a console conponents out and tried to play a PC game with it, its wouldnt work so well. Because its specifically designed to run console games.

Obviously a PC is at the top but who cares if you dont know that your dumb. why are we even arguing this. There is no point to saying it because its plain obvious. The sun is brighter then the moon.. lets argue this :freak:

If your a true gamer this is NOT EVEN RELEVANT!

get over it.. who cares.

<3 PC
<3 Consoles
<3 Games

End of.

omg .. here we go again whats better then what.. dont anyone read the posts here. Its like comparing a drag car to a ferrari. Both are great in their own field.

you should listen to Merkwürdigliebe... his posts explains it perfectly. PCS are multifunctional.. so some of their power is lost thru say software and configs. Console are purely geared for playing games. it like if you took a console conponents out and tried to play a PC game with it, its wouldnt work so well. Because its specifically designed to run console games.

Obviously a PC is at the top but who cares if you dont know that your dumb. why are we even arguing this. There is no point to saying it because its plain obvious. The sun is brighter then the moon.. lets argue this :freak:

If your a true gamer this is NOT EVEN RELEVANT!

get over it.. who cares.

<3 PC
<3 Consoles
<3 Games

End of.

We have a winner!

Well done ShaolinDreams, not only do you have the best name on the interweb, you're also the most sensible guy out there. And guess what? He's from the UK! Booya!!

Where not argueing which is better, just in which categories each has its strengths. yes a PC game will look better then its console counterpart, but at 4-6x the cost.

As well as preferences, i hate using the keyboard and mouse, i've used consoles since i was 8 years old, and am used to the controller. Just got into PC gaming when i was around 15, so its more natural for me to use a controller over a mouse/keyboard. But for many it is the other way around, which is cool, its all preference.

As i said before, the thing i love most about consoles is playing with 3 of your buds sitting next to you, not nearly as fun as playing online with friends.

One last thing i think i should mention on consoles behalf, is the fact that when you get home with a new game, you just stick it in the console and play. never have to deal with unknown system crashes, never have to try and optimize your computer to match the game, just stick it in and it runs.

i dont mind screwing around with my config sometimes to get the best performance out of my games, but sometime its just too much and i just want to enjoy a game.

haha gabb my computer is almost like yours!!! lol.. well sorta? .. case, cpu, graphics... lol huge psu... 2 gigs.. its got its similarities.. haha

haha thats right...Im trying to overclock my 8800 gtx right now ( check out my thread about it in the overclock forums ), we gotta help eachother out :p

ya.. cuz its wayyy better

we've never seen killzone2, the demonstration they showed in E3 was obviously a prerendered show using the game engine and they even admitted to it. It OBVIOUSLY was not in game footage, in fact I dont think the game will even look half that good.

( for those that havent seen the killzone 2 demonstration it basically looks like CGI better then the final fantasy movie )

ah i cant stand playing at 1680x1050.... it sometimes chokes up every now and then.. 1440x900 is constant butter.. but i get massives jags cuz of my native res...

hmm trust me NosBoost never do anything on your monitor besides the native resolution. Try turning off AA for better performance I just got Crysis, also Im a TF2 addict as well, try adding me, my name is [UCI]Gabb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom