help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atom2134

Beta member
hello, my name is adam...im having a few problems with my computer and i think maybee you can help. so this is whats going on...i reformatt my hard drive...i go to reinstall windows and its giving me an error about ndrf is missing..or some dumb shit like that..so i was like ugh...i call microsoft, the tell me its hardwear problem..so i take out my floppy, and my secondary slave cd drive....now im left with my HD and my windows disk in.. this is where i started getting relived...all was well...then in the middle of the install the computer shuts down randomly...so i let it sit for about 10 minuets go into bios and check the hardwear monitor...my cpu was HOT so i go out and buy a good heatsink, whatever..so i get back on windows gets on the computer everythings all good so i go back put the disk drive back in (leave floppy out because its broken i think)....i put my ASUS disk in and my explore.exe freezes when i 2x click the d:/ ...so then i go into bios and i make sure everythings okay, go set the jumpers to master and slave instead of cable select, set my bios to notice master and slave vrs cabel select, and underclock my cpu. so now im running at 2.1 on a 2.8 p4 and the asus disk still wont work. so i decide, let me reformatt again and try reinstalling windows. and thats where i am now, and once again my computer is doing random restarts while installing windows...finally i reset the biod by clicking load default settings..and i do the bios over again, set the cpu to standard clockage and i rstart it, windows installs perfectly. now here is where the problem comes in, the computer recognizes the drives, but while in windows the drives wont spin...does anyone know whats wrong?
Specs...
Asus p4c800 deluxe
pentium 4 prescott core 800 mhz fsb
ati 9700 AIW
sound blaster audigy
Antec case/with either 300 or 350 watt power supply
samsung dvd drive--SLAVE
pioneere dvd r/rw---PRIMARY
ibm 125 gig HDD
1 gig of kingston ram pc 3200
can anyone help please?

what do you mean the drives wont spin..? which drives ..? does it make any clickclick noise..?? and does the windows boot or not... i mean do u get the gui interface..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom