Will this be enough to run COD4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inferno9898

Beta member
All,

I currently have a 1.9GHz P4 that I don't think will be enough to run COD4. I think I'm going to step up to the Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz. Will mean an upgrade to my motherboard, which will be an Asus.

My questions are:
Are any chipsets significantly better than the others? Will any be sufficient, so that I can go with the cheapest?
Will my 400W PS be enough to handle the system, which includes 2 HDs, 2 optical drives and a VGA card?
Will my ATI 9600 Pro video card be enough to run the game, or will I need to upgrade that as well? (SAPPHIRE Radeon 9600PRO 100562L-GN specifically, if that helps.)

Thanks for your help guys. I did a good amount of research when I built this thing in 2002, but now everything has changed and I don't know much about the new products.

get a cheap p35 chipset oc's like a monster and is very cheap.no you will definatly need a new psu, and i recomend upgrading to something liek the 3850 if your trying to stay cheap, if you got a litle more go for the 8800gt.

If your going with an ASUS I would suggest the P5B-Deluxe 965 chipset.
And No, your Power Supply won;t handle the VGA and all other components.
Your 9600 Pro will not handle the game , and yes you will need to upgrade.

Check the PSU Guide.. my god.. none of the n00bies check the Stickies anymore...

Also the Watts mean NOTHING its the Amperage on the 12V Rails..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom