New CPU and MOBO can someone help me pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The currant spec is in my sig.
As i said im only after a cpu/mobo, graphics card ill update later when the next range come out.

i can barely read your sig..

whats your budget mate.. i can give you crappy ideas or high end idea or a ton of stuff in the middle. how much you got to spend? roughly

want to be sli capable?

heres a good build
Mobo Asus Striker Extreme 680I Motherboard - Cheap at Ebuyer! -
XFX 680I LT edition SLI Intel Socket 775 Nvidia motherboard ATX - Ebuyer

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache (2x4MB (4MB per core pair) Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

Graphics Asus 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTVOut PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

your monitor settings must be screwed then because i can read it clearly from 6 feet away from my screen!
Anyway its an Athlon 64 x2 4200, 2GBs ram, 7950GT 512mb.

I know what cpu i should get (Q6600) but this post was more because ive no idea what mobo is the best to get, i wont be doing major oc'ing but it would be nice to know i can actually do it at a later date if i wish.

I dont need to say my budget because ive mentioned the Q6600 and mobo dont cost much either

I think the Striker extreme is just that "extreme", i dont need a £155 mobo! i want a good one yeah but not THAT good! and the other one is out of stock.

If your unsure then ill wait for the Intel crew to spot my post, they will soon tell me what i need ;)

are you on socket am2? or s939 go intel if your 939 itl be cheaper for you to go phenom if you am2 and oc a litle, youl only be a litle behind on performence and itl save you 250$ on a mobo.

im not totally clueless(not saying you think iam, im just saying) i think i know what i should get but im waiting for someone to say the same mobo :p
I didnt say how much because how long is a piece of string? i only want a cpu and mobo, and im sure there is only probably 1 or 2 mobo's that i should be considering with the Q6600.
Are you an Intel or Amd guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom