What's Crysis? Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Well, I read a little about it while searching Google. It seems to be a high quality game. Shooter game of some sort. I see that a lot of you guys and on a few others forums they like to compare their system to being able to play Crysis. Is Crysis a Half-Life or Halo type game? Is it a really high def game of some sort? Just kind of curious if anyone wants to fill me in!

Thanks

Crysis is a science fiction first-person shooter computer game, that was developed by Crytek, and published by Electronic Arts. It is also the second FPS from Crytek, the first being Farcry. Farcry 2 will follow Crysis.

Crysis is based in a fictional future where an alien race has invaded Earth.The single player campaign has the player assume the role of United States Delta Force operator Jake Dunn (Nomad). Dunn is armed with various futuristic weapons and equipment, most notably a "Nano Muscle Suit", which, according to Crytek senior game designer Bernd Diemer, the suit was inspired by the United States' Future Warrior 2020 program. In Crysis, the player fights both North Korean and extraterrestrial enemies, in four different locations: a tropical island jungle; an American aircraft carrier; inside an "Ice Sphere", which will consist of the same jungle, but frozen; and the alien ship itself, some parts of which will be zero-gravity. Crysis utilizes Microsoft's new API, Direct3D 10 (DirectX 10) for graphics rendering but still can run with DX9, and includes the same editor that was used by Crytek to create the game.

try the demo Demo Versions: Crysis Single Player Demo - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

Very far from mediocre, the game itself is superb cutting edge stuff, but it is a highly demanding game on hardware. This is why people when are upgrading computer systems they use Crysis as a benchmark.

aint it ? :eek:

aha..
Developer Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher Ubisoft
:eek:

Ubisoft Montreal eh? Maybe I can drop by and have a look at the progress ;)

Actually, I know a guy who works for Ubi Montreal named Nader, who's worked on the Prince of Persia series. :cool:

back on topic though, yeah, if you don't know what Crysis is, then you most likely don't have a rig that could handle it :D

Merkwürdigliebe;1238905 said:
Ubisoft Montreal eh? Maybe I can drop by and have a look at the progress ;)

Actually, I know a guy who works for Ubi Montreal named Nader, who's worked on the Prince of Persia series. :cool:

back on topic though, yeah, if you don't know what Crysis is, then you most likely don't have a rig that could handle it :D

actually its true.. heh..

but it doesn't work in reciprocal... I would know ;)

well.. he's not really hardcore Techies like us... if i go up to some normal gamer... he'd be like.. "Whats Crysis?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom